- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Account Manager - Aerospace & Defense - Dallas - (190000NM)
For 40 years, National Instruments has worked with engineers and scientists to provide answers to the most challenging questions. Through these pursuits, NI customers have brought hundreds of thousands of products to market, overcome innumerable technological roadblocks, and engineered a better life for us all. Historically, National Instruments has been a top 100 employer of choice as ranked by several different sources, naming NI as one of the top corporate citizens and best places to work. Maybe it is our fantastic work/life balance, or the Employee Stock Purchase Program and grants, or matching 401K, or picturesque campus with ponds, hiking trails, beach volleyball courts, and collaborative meeting spaces. If you want to work on cool stuff at a cool company, you’re in the right place! Here’s a snippet of some of our core industry leadership.
- Aerospace & Defense - NI provides industry-leading performance and accuracy with best-in-class synchronization for large systems, so you can get to the right decision faster.
- Semiconductor - NI semiconductor test customers report 10X improvement in test times while maintaining measurement and performance requirements.
- Autonomous Automotive - As vehicles advance towards autonomous operation, test engineers face drastically increasing system complexity while dealing with ever present cost and time pressure.
- 5G – Setting world records in spectral efficiency using MIMO
- Internet of Things (IoT) - With NI’s technology providing unmatched capabilities in measurement, control, ruggedness, and connectivity, along with our expert ecosystem, you can realize the benefits of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) today.
More @: www.ni.com
Account Manager – Aerospace – Dallas
As a National Instruments Strategic Account Manager – Aerospace, you represent the tip of the spear of a respected industry brand with highly differentiated products and extensive customer support capabilities. In this role you will grow your business acumen and strategic sales capabilities while consulting to Aerospace & Defense customers with a portfolio 15 Strategic & Enterprise accounts. You will establish NI as the preferred vendor for your customers and influence investment decisions, resulting in increased share of wallet. Through individual action and deploying extensive company and partner resources, you will regularly qualify, advance and win sales opportunities while tackling and overcoming tough organizational and competitive challenges. You will enjoy collaborating in an open culture with coworkers and leaders who inspire you to new heights in your personal and professional development. You’re on a career track that leads to increased impact as account manager, sales team manager, business development manager or in other key roles within the greater NI organization. This is an opportunity to make a name for yourself and reap the rewards of your success – personal, career and financial.
Position Overview - Account Manager - Aero & Def - Dallas
The best NI Account Managers effectively balance their time invested within a portfolio of named customer accounts to maximize sustainable long-term revenue growth. AMs are responsible for all NI effort within their defined portfolio and must lead through influence to generate demand and close sales in identified areas of greatest opportunity. They inspire NI, partner and customer stakeholders to action and coordinate team activities to achieve co-authored objectives for top accounts. They are responsible for ensuring that customers receive the support they need to achieve long-term success that results in repeat business. AMs regularly apply their technical knowledge to consult with customer engineers and managers, understand their technical and business requirements, and recommend the best selection of NI systems and services that meet their needs.
NI Account Managers spend the majority of their time:
- Planning and executing territory and account development initiatives to generate demand in identified areas of greatest opportunity
- Consulting with customer engineers and managers to understand and address their technical and business requirements with the best NI systems and services that meet their needs
- Managing and closing sales opportunities discovered as a result of account initiatives through collaborations with partners and internal NI resources
- Networking and discovery within assigned accounts to engage with new groups, create and sustain valued relationships with customer leadership, and identify new qualified sales opportunities
Key Performance Objectives
- Achieve annual quota and quarterly targets by closing sales with a portfolio of ~15 named accounts.
- Generate demand for NI systems through effective top account plans and overall territory strategy. Within the first 30 days, assess the current state of business with assigned territory. Within 60 days, establish renewed account plans and overall territory strategy and review with NI sales management. Within 90 days, set co-authored objectives and priorities with top accounts through business driver reviews.
- Effectively lead NI and partner resources to close sales. Within the first 30 days, develop a clear understanding of all relevant team resources. Establish a system for keeping internal and partner stakeholders in sales opportunities informed and involved. Conduct quarterly top account plan reviews with sales management and select stakeholders. Keep CRM documentation up to date with key activities and opportunities to enable effective internal collaboration and provide input to business forecasting. Take the lead in coordinating development of all client proposals.
- Adapt and lead client presentations and product demonstrations. Be prepared to lead effective professional sales presentations and product demonstrations, adapted from existing enablement content or created in collaboration with Product Marketing and Systems Engineering. Great presentations and demonstrations begin with an attention-grabbing introduction, incorporate specific stories from the prospect's world that remind the audience of their painful current situation, and incorporate relevant success stories of NI implementations.
- Learn NI offering and relevant value proposition. Within 90 days learn the core NI services/solutions and be able to effectively present these solutions using cost-benefit, ROI and solution trade-off techniques. The knowledge learned will include: NI’s overall points of differentiation and value in key applications, business case modeling tools, high level sales enablement content, key technical white paper content, case studies, the NI web site and significant success stories to facilitate the sales process.
- Demonstrate account knowledge and ability to impact revenue by utilizing sales tracking systems and providing accurate forecasts. Within six months, develop an accurate 12 to 24-month account sales forecast. Effectively use Salesforce.com daily to provide organizational insight regarding active opportunities in all stages of the sales cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- US citizenship due to customer security requirements
- 3 years’ experience in business to business high tech sales OR test engineering using National Instruments products
- Major in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
- Experience selling to large named accounts with Fortune 500 companies
- Experience selling to aerospace and defense industry
- Experience using Salesforce.com to track and forecast account activities
- Experience selling in a long sales cycle with complex custom engineering hardware and software solutions
- Hands-on knowledge of NI software and hardware, LabVIEW, etc.
- Experience selling to engineering leadership, including Directors and VPs
Primary Location: US-Texas
Job: Sales Account Manager
Business Unit: Sales
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: May 16, 2019, 12:23:18 AM
About the company
National Instruments Corporation, or NI, is an American company with international operation. It is a producer of automated test equipment and virtual instrumentation software. Common applications include data acquisition, instrument control and machine vision.