- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Antonio
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. Withover 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry,you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
Do you possesses these important qualities— an unwavering commitment to customer service, an unstoppable drive to exceed expectations, and a relentless pursuit of excellence in your current role and preparation for future opportunities and advancement?Then Summit Electric Supply has a great opportunity for you to continue your career in technical sales with an industry leader in electrical distribution!
Armed with superior product knowledge, strong negotiating skillsand the support services you need, as an Account Manageryou will work with the rest of the sales team to cultivate long-term relationships with new and established customers through exceptional customer service. Your day to day will involve researching new strategic account opportunities, following-up with current and potential customers in a timely manner, and regularly visiting existing and potential customers at various locations.
You’ll couple your exceptional skills in analysis and your ability to quickly master information about Summit’s products and services with our customer solutions and competitive advantages. Summit offers generous commission plans and benefits packages as well as ongoing product training.
As an Account Manager you will:
- Thoroughly understand all product benefits, product warranties and Summit services that can be offered to customers
- Call upon customer accounts to sell Summit products and services
- Regular, frequent travel to customer sites and other locations either in Summit vehicle or provide own reliable transportation
- Negotiate profitable pricing with customers and suppliers
- Provide timely and accurate quote information and respond to customer requirements, issues and information requests
- Exercise discretionary authority to determine and provide specific customer pricing, purchase materials specific to customer orders and maintain service standards
- Work cooperatively with customer service representatives to proactively follow up on customers’ orders, challenges and needs
- Resolve customer concerns and encourage customer loyalty to Summit as efficiently and effectively as possible
Summit will help you achieve your goals by:
Providing all of the tools and incentives necessary to take control of your career including:
- Rigorous on the job and online training programs that prepare you for a career in our industry
- Result-driven and customer-oriented team and work environment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Monthly profit-sharing
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, and more!
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- Significant sales and negotiating experience with, preferably with an industrial supply distributor
- Strong customer service orientation
- Time management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to resolve complex business issues; ability to be forceful, but diplomatic and bring about win-win outcome
- Flexibility – ability to effectively adapt to change
- Clean driving record and current insurance
Beneficial Skills and Experience to be successfull:
- Sales and negotiating experience with an electrical supply distributor, manufacturer, or rep agency
- Quantifiable success in formulating sales strategies and driving sales performance
- Familiarity and a solid reputation for integrity and results with Summit’s customers, competitors, and suppliers
- Successful experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP), and BI tools
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Completion of EPEC Silver and/or Gold
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Contact a recruiter for more information about the position and how you can jump start your career in a dynamic, growing industry today!
Be a part of the Summit Electric family with room to grow and excel!
As an equal opportunity employer, Summit is dedicated to serving our customers, associates, suppliers, and local communities through inclusion, mutual respect, and merit. We do not base any hiring or employment decisions on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
- customer service