- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Peachtree City
Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices division is hiring for an Accountant. This position will be based out of the Peachtree City, GA office.
The primary function of the Accountant role is to provide accounting, finance, and compliance support for Wiring Devices (WD). The Accountant works collaboratively with stakeholders to analyze and process Special Pricing Agreement claims (SPAs), month-end close, financial analysis, budgeting, internal controls, special projects, and process improvements.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail and process improvement oriented, has an aptitude for problem solving, can effectively manage multiple projects/priorities, and demonstrates the drive and people capability to deliver results within a global, growing, and profitable business. Candidates must be able to flex with changing priorities and provide assistance to other members of the accounting and finance team on various projects.
• Collect and review data and claim detail for Special Pricing Arrangement (SPA) claims.
• Review and validate claims prior to processing deductions.
• Support the month-end closing by preparing journal entries, month-end accruals, variance analysis, and various financial reports.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations as assigned.
• Load invoices and input coding to AP system for approval.
• Ensure adherence to standard accounting principles, US GAAP, company policies and internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley and audit requirements.
• Analyze key performance drivers to investigate spending variances.
• Perform root cause analysis to resolve problems.
• Interpret financial results and communicate opportunities for improvement management.
• Provide assistance in monthly forecasting and annual budget process.
• Work collaboratively with functional department leaders in controlling department support costs
• Work in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
• Cross-train with team members to build skills and experience across the finance team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited institution is required.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Peachtree City, GA facility will be considered.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• Finance or Accounting Degree
• Prior finance/accounting internship or general business experience
• Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
• Strong software and systems skills (Oracle, SAP, Encore, Microsoft Office).
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Strong time management skills with ability to balance multiple priorities and projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to improve processes, both technical and analytical.
• Ability to implement new accounting policies.
• Ability to adapt well to changes.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail and accuracy.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?:
About the company
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that make electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely and sustainably.