- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CALIFORNIA US
Position:Accountant Department:Fiscal Services All applications to be received by noon on:12/09/2019 Starting Salary:$4,365.84 - $4,819.27, dependent upon education and experience Details:Lake Tahoe Community College (LTCC) District announces a professional opportunity in the area of Fiscal Services. The Accountant position, under the direction of the Director of Fiscal Services, performs complex accounting and budgetary work to support LTCC goals. This position is a critical function of the overall success of LTCC and assists in keeping the District and Board of Trustees informed of financial impacts on the District. The Accountant works closely with District Analysts, as well as the Vice President of Administrative Services, to help ensure the financial stability of the District.
This position is 40 hours per week and 12 months per year. Normal hours of work are Mondays through Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime compensation. Please see the position description for complete requirements and duties.
After reviewing applications, those applicants judged most suitable for the position will be invited to initial interviews. These applicants will be notified by phone on or about Thursday, December 12, 2019. Initial interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 19, 2019. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview.
LTCC reserves the right to reopen the position or extend the deadline if an adequate applicant pool is not received.
Preferred start date:02/03/2020 Description:Under the direction of the Director of Fiscal Services, perform complex accounting and budgetary work involved in establishing, analyzing, auditing, reconciling and maintaining the general and subsidiary ledgers and other financial records; prepare and audit a variety of financial, statistical and budgetary reports, statements and materials; prepare various reports, records and general purpose financial statements.
- Perform professional fund accounting and budgetary work involved in establishing, analyzing, auditing, reconciling and maintaining financial records; ensure financial activity of assigned accounts complies with applicable laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Prepare general purpose quarterly financial statements and quarterly financial status report; analyze and process journal entries related to interest earnings and account reclassifications; calculate, post, audit and adjust journal entries; update accounts to reflect revenue and expenditures;
- Reconcile asset and liability accounts; research aged accounts receivable and outstanding accounts payable; audit accounts for errors and make appropriate adjustments; reconcile various fiscal statements to ensure accurate fund accounting; initiate account transfers and other transactions as needed.
- Provide support to auditors for all District funds; ensure the accuracy and completeness of auditable documentation and records; review and provide necessary data and submit required forms to appropriate federal and State agencies; respond to requests and inquiries for documents by auditors; prepare quarterly attendance and fiscal report for the Child Development Center.
- Complete monthly bank account reconciliations for District bank and investment accounts; record revenue recorded in District’s Admissions & Records computer system; process quarterly budget transfer report and Board memo.
- Research aged accounts receivable and outstanding accounts payable; develop media and documents for presentations as required; ensure accuracy of expense and budget reconciliations.
- Provide accounting support in the review, analysis and development of designated budgets and accounts; monitor, evaluate and reconcile accounts related to assigned funds and budgets.
- Prepare and audit a variety of financial, statistical and budgetary reports, statements and records related to income, expenditures, reconciliations, budgets and assigned accounting functions; review and analyze financial statements, records and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with established guidelines, procedures and principles.
- Provide consultation to administrators and personnel concerning assigned accounting and budgetary activities and related functions; review and approve journal entries submitted by Director of Fiscal Services; respond to inquiries, resolve issues and conflicts and provide detailed and technical information concerning related standards, practices, laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Prepare, review and evaluate various financial documents and correspondence as assigned; ensure mandated reports are completed and submitted to appropriate agency or personnel according to established time lines.
- Communicate with personnel and a variety of outside organizations to exchange information; coordinate activities and resolve issues or concerns.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a calculator, ten-key, copier, fax machine, computer and assigned software.
- Attend and participate in various meetings, committees and in-services as assigned.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualifications:Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field and three years of responsible financial and statistical record keeping experience preferably in the field of governmental or fund accounting.
- Methods, procedures and terminology used in professional fund accounting work.
- General accounting and business functions of an educational organization including general ledger, sub-ledger, budgets and payroll functions.
- LTCC District policies and procedures and practices related to assigned tasks.
- Analysis of complex financial statements and reports.
- Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Preparation of financial statements and comprehensive accounting reports.
- Preparation, review and control of assigned accounts.
- Budgeting practices regarding monitoring and control.
- Financial analysis and projection techniques.
- Research and statistical evaluation techniques.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures including required federal financial documentation.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software including database systems.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Perform professional accounting and budgetary work involved in establishing, analyzing, auditing, reconciling and maintaining financial records.
- Provide accounting support in the review, analysis and development of designated budgets and accounts.
- District policies and procedures affecting assigned work.
- Prepare and audit a variety of financial, statistical and budgetary reports, statements and records.
- Compare numbers and detect errors efficiently.
- Prepare and analyze comprehensive accounting reports.
- Reconcile, balance and audit assigned accounts and budgets.
- Provide consultation concerning assigned accounting activities and related functions.
- Reconcile various fiscal statements to ensure accurate fund accounting as assigned.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Perform arithmetic calculations and tabulations with speed and accuracy.
- Maintain accurate financial and statistical records.
- Analyze financial data and prepare reports, forecasts and recommendations.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Determine appropriate course of action within clearly defined guidelines.
Additional Requirement (Licensure/Certification):
- No additional requirement.
- Indoor/Office environment.
Retirement Option:Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) membership Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume/CV Job Category:Classified