- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $22.00 - $27.00 gross per hour
Accountemps is looking for an experienced, organized individual to take on the short-term temporary role of Staff Accountant at a growing, dynamic company in the Manufacturing industry. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. You will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will promote the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in compliance, review schedules for the reporting processes, and work alongside our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This very involved position works to produce Cash Flow projections, Budgets, and Financial Statements. This company offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded and the role is based in the Commerce, California region.
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Support fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Offer descriptions of a large number of financial data and communicate insights in a useful and understandable manner
- Support implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Partake in annual closing processes
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
- Conduct month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled with ERP systems
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- The ideal candidate will be highly-skilled with exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Sage 300 experience required
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation experience preferred
- Deep understanding of bank reconciliations
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.