- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:Florida: Tampa
Role Value Proposition:
The position resides within the newly created US Shared Services Team to work in collaboration with the reorganized Statutory Reporting Units and will assist with Risk Based Capital Modeling and Governance of both Risk Based Capital and Statutory Reporting. US Shared Services collectively performs a wide range of tasks in support of US Statutory Reporting, GAAP reporting and external requests. This position also supports functions to report financial information in an accurate and timely manner for Statutory Filings including but not limited to AVR, GAAP Footnotes and CFO Statutory Presentation and various ad hoc statutory and Risk Based Capital account related projects and statutory survey needs. This candidate will work closely with the projections and other investment teams will also provide a high level of interaction with all levels of management from various lines of business and functional areas. Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills are critical to the success of this position.
Primarily responsible for the US Shared Services tasks to include:
- Creating Risk Based Capital Modeling for detailed and intensive requests will requires individuals to review and make interpretations based upon information available.
- Assist with preparation, coordination and development of CFO Statutory presentation and accounting updates which is a highly visible quarterly process. Identify, implement or strengthen internal controls in existing/new processes and develop process improvements.
- Communicates and provide management with various levels of management both within and outside of the department
- Support external reporting requirements (STAT and GAAP) as well as generated various Risk Based Capital components for utilization by other teams
- Maintain controlled and efficient processes
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in financial reporting and/or analytic role
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel, including but not limited to vlookups, hlookups, sumifs, links, and pivot tables etc
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have ability to analyze data and problem solve complicated ad hoc requests
- Ability to plan, multi-task, prioritize responsibilities
- Knowledge of Statutory Insurance concepts, principles, and reporting
- Experience with Workiva (Wdesk) and Microsoft Access
- Ability to modify, develop and improve procedures and policies to meet reporting needs/requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience
Financial Management Group – Non-Dom Statutory Cont & Rptg
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.