- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:Florida: Tampa
Role Value Proposition:
The position resides within the newly created US Shared Services Team to work in collaboration with the reorganized Statutory Reporting Units and will perform/assist with Risk Based Capital Modeling and Governance of both Risk Based Capital and Statutory Reporting. US Shared Services collectively performs a wide range of tasks in support of US Statutory Reporting, GAAP reporting and external requests. The position also supports functions to report financial information in an accurate and timely manner for Statutory Filings including but not limited to General Interrogatories, CFO Statutory Presentation, Chart of Values administration and various statutory ad hoc and survey needs. Organizational, analytical and communication skills are critical to the success of this position.
Primarily responsible for the US Shared Services tasks to include:
- Assist with preparation of quarterly related tasks including compiling submissions for General Interrogatories and daily tasks necessary to complete regulatory filings and the development of CFO Statutory presentation which is a highly visible quarterly process.
- Identify, implement or strengthen internal controls in existing/new processes and develop process improvements.
- Support external reporting requirements (STAT)
- Maintain auditable supporting documentation for year end, internal/external audits and SOX compliance
- Manage the Chart of Values process on behalf of Statutory Reporting and
- Assist with various adhoc tasks
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting, Finance or similar field of expertise
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills, including but not limited to vlookups, hlookups, sumifs, links, and pivot tables etc
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have ability to analyze data and problem solve complicated ad hoc requests
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Statutory Insurance concepts, principles, and reporting
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to modify, improve and develop procedures and policies to meet reporting needs/requirements.
Financial Management Group – Non-Dom Statutory Cont & Rptg
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.