- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Kroger General Office
Report and track tax credits due from returned tobacco merchandise. Research and assist with sales tax, use tax, reverse and tobacco tax audits. Maintain location and rate information for systems used by the Expense and Property departments. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
Compile research and tax payment information on all audits of sales tax, tobacco tax and misc. taxes.
Process and reconcile all cigarette and other tobacco credit requests for returned product.
Process and track cigarette tax stamp orders for all warehouse locations.
Research and pull invoices for reverse sales and use tax audits.
Compile invoices needed for samples needed to maintain Avalara use tax program.
Maintain location maintenance for EPro and Avalara systems.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position/Education Qualifications:
- Understanding of the Sales and Use tax process
- Strong planning, organization, problem solving and troubleshooting skills Accounting skills and ledger balancing experience
- Knowledge of Content Manager, Vendor book, Business Objects, E Pro, Avalara, and OneSource.
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Strong planning, organization, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Professional in dealing with controllers, other division personnel, stores, other departments and outside auditors.
- Demonstrated sound business judgment and the ability to work successfully with all levels of associates, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Ability to take prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive and following up to ensure completion.
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Proven ability to set high standards of performance for self; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Highly organized and proficient at multi-tasking.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high change environment.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of files, conversations and documents.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Desired Previous Job Experience :
- Tax Experience
- Research Experience
Regions:Any; General Office- Cincinnati; Mid-Atlantic; Midwest; Mountain; South; West
States: Alabama; Alaska; American Samoa; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; District of Columbia; Federated States of Micronesia; Florida; Georgia; Guam; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Marshall Islands; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Northern Mariana Islands; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Palau; Pennsylvania; Puerto Rico; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virgin Islands; Virginia; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee nearly half a millionAssociates across 35 states.We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a millionassociates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states.Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN||Nashville|| 2620 Elm Hill Pike ||37214 || Kroger General Office||[[mfield2]]||Tax ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.