- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Accounting & Finance Manager
Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
The Accounting and Finance Manager will play a key role supporting both TV stations and will be responsible for the following:
Monthly and quarterly closing processes for both stations (e.g. analyze departmental expenses, calculate required accruals, post journal entries and ensure all expenses are captured and stated properly).
Lead capital expenditure process for both stations to include set-up of new projects, capitalization and disposition of assets. This involves working closely with Tech-Ops and News departments to ensure all projects are completed within deadlines and are properly inventoried, capitalized and accounted for.
Manage fixed asset register and review regularly for obsolete or retired assets. Perform regular audits to ensure fixed asset register is materially correct.
Assist in the preparation of annual budget, estimates, and long-range plan by thoroughly understanding key business drivers.
Balance Sheet accounting – responsible for amortization of pre-paid assets, FAS 13 balances, set amortization, estimate depreciation expense. Lead semi-annual Balance Sheet reviews with Corporate – prepare supporting documentation, variance analysis and discussion.
Prepare balance sheet account reconciliation in accordance with NBCU Account Reconciliation policy.
Calculate and prepare monthly sales tax filing.
Prepare supplemental reporting required by corporate in accordance with quarterly closes.
Create management reports and presentations on a routine and ad hoc basis
Drive controllership function and ensure all accounting policies are strictly adhered to.
Perform periodic audits of T&E and P-Card expenses.
Develop good working relationships with all station employees and management as well as external organizations (i.e. vendors).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA/Master Degree preferred.
• CPA preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting/finance and knowledge of GAAP, with at least 3 years performing general ledger functions (journal entries, monthly/quarterly closing).
• Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal & leadership skills.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Must be accurate, highly organized with great attention to detail.
• Continuous improvement attitude, ability to seek out and implement best practices.
• Ability to deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and be effective and decisive under pressure and ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative in challenging situations.
• Ability to quickly reassess priorities and adapt as required.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar, FL.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment.
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of SAP and WideOrbit.
Sub-BusinessNBCUOTS - WTVJ
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.