- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over 900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you!
As a member of Retirement Services Account Adjustments Unit, you will be helping clients with various financial services that impact their accounts. You will correct accounts on AIG's operating systems which may include but is not limited to the following; correct product features/services to the accounts; post funds and update required fields accurately; combine various Retirement Services accounts with other accounts; communicate directly with advisors and other key field representatives regarding corrective activity; ensure accuracy with all corrective activity.
Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation. We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition and bonuses.
This is an opportunity to start and grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door within a growing division at AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG’s business. In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• Work closely with internal and external customers and other departments, researching all approaches to meet client needs.
• Maintain high work standards reviewing and processing complex financial documents and legal documents.
• Process correction requests while maintaining quality review standards, and time lines.
• Use positive customer relations skills to communicate accurately, clearly detailed and professional.
• Learn, understand and interpret services offered in order to assess and correct errors to ensure compliance with products and services sold.
• Work in a team environment, develop working relationships inside and outside the organization, share information and ideas with team members/management, and strive to achieve continuous improvement and increase efficiency.
• Handle special complex projects as assigned. Evaluate and resolve escalated and high priority cases using research skills and alternative approaches. Evaluate different resolutions and/or methods of correction depending on corrective activity requested.
What we are looking for
• One to two years experience creating and/or working with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets as a tool to prepare simple and/or complex calculations (preferred).
• High school diploma and three years business experience and a minimum 2 years of Retirement Services experience. (preferred)
• SAP, TAPS and Appian experience preferred.
• One to two years of accounting and/or bookkeeping experience is preferred.
• Excellent written customer service skills that include the use of excel spreadsheets and shared documents.
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent prioritization skills to manage caseload.
What our employees like most about working for AIG
• Employee atmosphere and people approach
• Career path and growth potential
• Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
• Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
• 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
• Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
AIG is one of the world’s largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.