- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description CFS is partnering with a company in the looking for an Accounts Payable Accountant! If you are looking for a fast-paced role where you can put your stamp on the accounting and finance department, then keep reading! Our client offers a great work environment and excellent leadership. You must be able to work autonomously in this role. This role pays $43k on an annual basis.
* Responsible for all records and files pertaining to accounts receivable. Included are purchase orders, subcontracts, delivery receipts, packing slips, invoices, statements, checks, check registers, vouchers and reports.
* Responsible for vendor control. Maintain current insurance certificates for all subcontractors. Send letters/emails for renewal certificates and hold payments until receipt of certificates. Verify receipt of signed subcontract agreement before releasing payment. Maintain tax identification numbers for vendors and determine the need for 1099"s at year end.
* Responsible for coding invoices and credit card transactions by matching them to purchase orders.
* Process weekly check runs and mail checks (subject to management approval).
* Handle all telephone inquiries regarding payment/non-payment of accounts payable invoices.
* Compliance with internal controls to create an audit trail and documentation of procedures which apply to the above responsibilities.
* Responsible for Quarterly and Annual Fuel Tax Returns.
* Responsible for Monthly Sales Tax Remittance Voucher and Payment.
* Responsible for reviewing cash receipts to determine when Subcontractors should be paid.
* Assist with various projects as assigned by the Controller.
• Job Requirements
* Associates required and Bachelors preferred.
* 1+ Years related experience including A/P- new grads welcome
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Overall, strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Job Snapshot
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Ingleside, IL
- Job Type: Accounting Finance
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 4/22/2020
About the company