- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $20.00 - $21.00 gross per hour
Accountemps is seeking an Accounts Receivable and Cash Application Specialist. If you're looking for great career growth potential and a great benefits package, you might be the right candidate for this quickly growing accounting team. A successful candidate for this position will be ready to enter, post and reconcile batches, research and resolve customer A/R issues, support chargebacks, prepare aging report, place billing and collection calls, maintain cash receipts journal, update, and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L. The Accounts Receivable and Cash Applications Specialist must be a self-starter with high attention to detail, in order to handle 200+ invoices a week. This is a long-term temporary-to-full-time Accounts Receivable Cash Applications Specialist position and is based in the Cranbury New Jersey area.
- Present information, as requested to shippers, customers, the sales/marketing department and other stakeholders
- Take care of payments and compile segments of monthly closings and annual reports in compliance with GAAP
- Perform a variety of basic accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedures, including general accounting tasks
- Review status of delinquent accounts daily and initiate collection action by contacting customers
- Be an ambassador of the mission, values, and culture of the organization
- Verify documents and codes
- Contact clients to help resolve payment issues; assist in setting up payment plans
- Settle bank accounts, posting and balancing financial data in a variety of ledgers
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable
- Solid understanding of Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Deep understanding of credit collections
- Foundational knowledge in cash applications
- Command of chargebacks
- Efficient in ERP systems
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Reliable skills in Microsoft Office with excellent Excel skills
- Proven analytical skills in basic accounts receivable and accounting policy
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.