- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- King of Prussia
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Posting Job Summary (Purpose):
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing and Consumer Insights, the Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for developing the go-to-market strategy for our AmeriGas Propane Cylinder Segment. The PMM will bring a unique understanding and knowledge of how to best position our products and services in the marketplace to achieve our revenue and profit objectives. This individual will have a proven track record of growing products through retail and e-commerce channels, while partnering with a sales team in creating a comprehensive strategy to expand and grow market share.
- Collaborative skills: As a product marketing manager you will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the business.
- Communication skills: This individual will present plans to key retailers to grow our products and offerings.
- Research skills: Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews
- Dynamic and Innovative: We are looking for an innovative thinker who is comfortable bringing new ideas and innovation to the propane exchange category.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and defines AmeriGas ACE marketing plans for advertising, in-store merchandising, trade promotions, and new product design, manages expenditures to ensure maximum profitability while managing spending.
- In conjunction with our retail partners, Build and deliver an impactful marketing and communication plan to educate the market and promote our products that align with the overall marketing strategy, drive profitability and overall customer satisfaction through these plans.
- Utilize customer profitability system to identify opportunities for increasing profitability of segment through increased customer share and pricing.
- Develop program metrics and manage analysis of results and profitability; keep management informed of market conditions, strategic plans, tactics, results.
- Manage marketing relationships and campaigns in conjunction with the sales team for the top tier national cylinder customers.
- Manage all logistics related to product promotion (trade shows, engagements, etc.).
- Through a consultative style, work with stakeholders (sales, marketing, etc.) to listen, inquire and gather input that gets translated into custom marketing/sales materials (i.e., PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
- Manage relationships with third-party vendor partners (printers, designers, PR, etc.).
- Build on product messaging that sets products apart from others in the market to give them a unique selling point
- Plan and participate in the launch of new services and products
- Develop and monitor marketing budget for the cylinder exchange business.
- Participate and/or join appropriate related associations to better understand and respond to customer requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent time management and project prioritization skills
- Large-scale consumer sales/marketing experience required
- Travel required
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- 7+ years’ in product marketing, experienced in creating effective marketing programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the company