- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CALIFORNIA US
Posting NumberAA2019-0814TitleActivity Coordinator/Instructional Designer (One-Year Temporary) Reedley CollegeCampus LocationReedley CollegeStart Date01/02/2020Essential Functions of PositionThe ideal candidate will share Reedley College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 16,000 students in which 71% are Latinx, 6% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 2% are Black/African American, 17% are White, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, and 2% are multiracial. Reedley College is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Instruction and in collaboration withe CVC-OEI CTE Grant coordinator the Activity Coordinator/Instructional Designer will:
- Collaborate with grant faculty on instructional design issues, create customized web-based instructional elements, and manage online course development in Ag Business, Food Safety, Criminology and Information Systems in particular but also to greater campus community as it supports online degrees;
- Work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and administration to plan, design, document and test development of new and revised online courses;
- Provide support for faculty to assist them in integrating technology into their curriculum;
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, testing and implementation of hardware and software tools, technologies and services that empower faculty and enhance teaching/learning experiences;
- Design, develop, and deliver workshops and training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices;
- Provide email, phone, text and walk-in support for faculty and students in use of the learning management system and supported instructional technologies;
- Create and publish user documentation, including web resources and user manuals, for supported instructional technology tools and software;
- Build and maintain a dynamic instructional technology/media services website;
- Design and produce learning materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video animation and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning;
- Attend appropriate conferences and seminars to maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of new instructional software and pedagogical techniques;
- Serve on intradepartmental committees; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum QualificationsThe minimum qualifications for service as a coordinator shall be either (1),
(2), (3), or (4) below and (5):
- (1)The minimum qualifications to teach any master’s degree level discipline in which learning assistance or tutoring is provided at the college where the coordinator is employed;
- (2) A master’s degree in education, educational psychology, or instructional psychology, or other master’s degree with emphasis in adult learning theory;
- (3)A valid California Community College credential;
- (4)The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency);
- (5)All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom.Desirable Qualifications
- An earned bachelor’s degree in instructional technology, education
technology, course and curriculum design, information sciences, digital media design or related field and a master’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education, or a related field is preferred;
- Working knowledge of various Learning Management Systems (Blackboard and Canvas);
- Familiarity with various programs/applications used in online instruction;
- Understanding of Online Education Initiative (OEI) course design rubric and best practices in Distance Education;
- Demonstrated success in online instruction;
- Verified certification in online instruction;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of graphic and multimedia software, website design and online course development;
- Experience with developing, implementing, and communicating new ideas to others effectively, while being open and responsive to new and diverse perspectives;
- Experience with eLearning development tools, Adobe creative suite or equivalent;
- Knowledge of ADA section 508 compliance for accessibility and how to assist faculty in achieving ADA 508 compliant online course delivery;
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in instructional design, instructional technology, teaching and training;
- Prior work experience in higher education; community college experience preferred;
- Knowledge of the mission and goals of the community college;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and developing courses using a Learning Management System (LMS), especially Blackboard Learn. Experience teaching in higher education preferred;
- Experience with Interactive Videoconferencing Classrooms and related technology is preferred;
- Intermediate to advanced skill in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Windows 7;
- Must be able to work a non-standard schedule in order to fulfill assigned duties and responsibilities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design principles and practices;
- Intermediate to advanced skill in using web and media based technologies for education;
- Curiosity about and commitment to learning cutting edge technologies for support of online education;
- Ability to work with and train in both a PC and Macintosh environment;
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills; and
- Experience interpreting student and instructor needs to produce effective instructional materials and technologies to support teaching and learning.
Conditions of Employment177 duty days per yearSalary and BenefitsSalary is $55,053 – $82,882 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,082 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teacher’s Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Selection ProcedureApplications will be screened by Human Resources for completeness and to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement, a selection committee will review the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications then determine who will be invited to interview.
The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction and College President for final interviews.
A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants.
For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1171 Fulton St Fresno, California, 93721, (559) 243-7100. For information on Fresno City College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. (3712).
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
Additional InformationThis is a full-time, one-year temporary position.
Additional Information about the PositionRC College Planning Site
Open Date11/07/2019Close Date11/16/2019Closing Time11:55 p.m.Open Until FilledNoQuick Linkhttp://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/2975Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements. (Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will b