- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
*This is a field based remote role*
The West territory includes; WA, OR, CA, ID, WY, CO, NM, AZ, TX, OK and NV.
Today, more than 200,000 patients worldwide have been treated with our products in this area.
The Dermatology Clinical Leader is responsible for leading a team of Dermatology Clinical Sales Specialists in a defined geography. The DCL will lead, coach and manage team members to drive disease awareness, education about the different manifestations of psoriatic disease, and properly position Cosentyx. This will happen while delivering sales results that meet/exceed targets and ensure that business activity is consistent with Novartis’ compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements. The incumbent will align tactical field execution with the national and regional marketing strategy for our Dermatology & Rheumatology portfolio. An important role for the Sales Organization is to become a trusted resource in the eyes of our customers. To this end, the DCL will ensure that customer interactions are focused on improving outcomes for appropriate patients and are relevant to the educational needs of individual providers and groups in a manner consistent with company policies and requirements.
The DCL will need to fully understand the Rheumatology & Dermatology marketplace, establish strong professional relationships with key institutions and develop actionable business plans for their geography. This position will require a strong ability to collaborate with the Cosentyx Sales Team and work cross-functionally with other Novartis functions including: Patient Access, Patient Services and, as appropriate, Field Medical. The incumbent will play an important role in providing feedback towards the development and refinement of the national/regional strategy for Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp (NPC) Dermatology & Rheumatology drug/portfolio. Candidates need to have a proven track record of building highly effective and motivated teams. This role will require exceptional account management, selling, communication, organization, and planning/analytical skills.
In alignment with all applicable laws, regulations and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) policies:
· Hire, train and develop Dermatology Clinical Sales Specialists
· Conduct performance evaluations and develop coaching plans for each specialist.
· Implement compensation programs to effectively reward integrity-based, high performance and desired leadership behaviors.
· Effectively manage performance.
· Build strong, cross-functional relationships to leverage Novartis’ expertise in order to accomplish business goals and customer objectives.
· Demonstrate ethical leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
· Grow volume and market share to meet and exceed business goals.
· Drive Disease Awareness and Education around Psoriatic Disease
· Assist in the development of tools and resources for the DCS to execute field activities at a high level
· Develop local business plans
· Direct field activities and resource allocation to maximize business results.
· Anticipate, monitor and report changes in marketplace to effectively correct both tactical and strategic initiatives.
· Develop and manage key customer relationships.
· Ensure the development and effective implementation of customer specific account plans.
· Effectively manage and prioritize competing stakeholders’ interests.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you’ll bring to the role:
Minimum of 5 years commercial pharmaceutical sales experience.
Required to be at an AD level, Sr. ABL (lateral move) or an ABL II (promotion)
SMDP graduates eligible (if at appropriate level defined as AD) or 5 years of previous documented leadership experience
Understanding of the complex distribution pathway of injectable biologic products is highly preferred
Proven leadership as a People Manager with significant demonstration of peer leadership and project
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.