- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
*This is a Remote Role*
Today, more than 200,000 patients worldwide have been treated with our products in this area.
The Thought Leader Liaison (TLL) is a customer-facing role responsible for executing (Dermatology or Rheumatology) on the customer aspects of the Brand’s peer to peer strategies and building productive relationships with Speakers, National/Regional Medical Experts (MEs) and other key (Dermatology or Rheumatology) influencers in their assigned geography.
The TLL will build advocacy and support for Novartis Brand(s) among thought leaders using approved materials and will serve as primary contact with these key influencers. The TLL will connect Thought Leaders with other relevant parts of the Novartis organization (e.g., Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs) while maintaining compliance with guidelines on appropriate medical/commercial collaboration. The TLL is responsible for compliantly liaising with Medical Affairs, R&D, Market Access, Patient Specialty Services (PSS), Sales and Marketing to execute peer-to-peer strategies, address customer needs, identify/initiate appropriate projects of mutual interest to NVS and customers, anticipate market trends, and uncover competitive intelligence, ensuring delivery against (Dermatology or Rheumatology) business objectives. The TLL will also have responsibility for coordination of national/regional conferences, state society meetings, and speaker events. The TLL will align across the Novartis organization to coordinate thought leader interactions and deliver a cohesive customer experience.
Thought Leader Interactions (40%)
• Significant customer-facing time, building relationships with existing and new Thought Leaders for involvement in current and future commercial activities
• Creates local peer to peer strategies in coordination with national and regional strategic, marketing and sales business plans.
• Liaise with sales and marketing to ensure thought leader concerns/needs are addressed in a timely and thorough manner
• In full alignment with guidelines on appropriate medical/commercial collaboration, connect the thought leader to the appropriate Medical Affairs or R&D associate to address clinical/R&D-related questions.
• Collaborates closely with the Novartis advocacy team to develop relationships with key physician and patient organizations
• Manage database of NVS interactions with thought leaders to ensure cohesive customer experience
• Disseminate thought leader insights to broader NVS stakeholders, including marketing, sales and access, as relevant, to drive development of new strategies and tactical approaches
• Partner with other internal teams, as needed, to connect various groups within Novartis to appropriate thought leaders
Conventions and Congresses (20%)
• Coordinate TLL and leadership interactions at all assigned national/regional, state society conferences
• Work with Marketing to identify opportunities to partner to promote at all of our sponsored meetings
• Initiates and pursues opportunities to involve Novartis in meaningful programs with Thought Leaders to ensure Novartis is strategically and strongly positioned in the US Rheumatology/Dermatology market
Speaker/Program Management (20%)
• Coordinate speaker events, including selection of speakers, training for speakers, agenda of events, and budget management
• Collaborates with marketing team on peer to peer programs including speaker training programs and contributes to on-going refinement of US speaker Bureau
• Contributes to content development by providing customer insight and perspective, increasing program impact & relevance
• Identifies and initiates programs/tactics of mutual interest to Novartis and Thought Leaders as appropriate
• Liaise closely with Legal, Regulatory and Compliance to execute brand tactics successfully
• Manages operation plan annual budget - Manages the implementation and budget of programs, from initiation to completion, on time, within budget and on strategy
• Ensure alignment to and ownership of NPC policies including Code of Conduct and all applicable laws and regulations
• Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Maintains current scientific knowledge (10%)
• Seeks out information from relevant medical and scientific literature, scientific meetings, symposia, and seminars that differentiates Novartis
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.