- Semi Senior (2 to 5 years)
- Salary $17.00 - $22.00 gross per hour
- National City
Do you excel at customer service? Are you interested in joining an organization devoted to transforming lives? If so, we want to hear from you. You can apply here: https://www.voasw.org/career
We are looking for an excellent multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management, visitors, vendors, and residents by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and email, managing petty cash, processing deposits and credit cards, running reports, and maintain files, and by being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be a successful Administrative Assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while maintaining accuracy. They should be prepared, responsive, and willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative Assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks and excel at both verbal and written communication. More importantly, they should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
• Minimum of high school diploma/GED.
• Must have at least 1-3 years of paid work experience in a business office or related field.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Strong attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in English.
• Must have the ability to respond appropriately in emergency medical situations and incidents.
• Has good knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
• Must have strong computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office programs.
• Accurate typing skills of at least 40 words per minute.
• Ability to pass all pre-hiring qualifications (TB test, health screening, and drug screen).
• Must obtain CPR/First Aid within three months of employment.
• Must obtain Food Handler's Card within three months of employment.
• Valid California Driver’s License required, with driving record meeting insurers' requirements.
Applications are only accepted online. This employer participates in e-Verify.
About the company
For nearly 120 years, Volunteers of America has been the charity to step forward and help the most vulnerable in communities across the United States. Volunteers of America, Southwest inspires hope through its ministry of service by providing individuals and families with the tools they need to improve their quality of life.
We operate twenty- eight human service programs in the areas of education and social development of young children, treatment and rehabilitation, housing, veterans and aging services.
Each year, more than 16,000 lives are changed through our services. Our programs are located in San Diego, Imperial, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. To learn more, visit us online at http://www.voa-swcal.org/