- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western. Summary of Position: Performs advanced and/or complex administrative and office support activities for the assigned division/department to facilitate the efficient operation of the department/organization. May resolve issues within the scope of position to ensure the department runs smoothly in the absence of the department manager. Provides excellent customer service while maintaining FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) and HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act) regulations. Support and provide backup for other office personnel. May process, verify, and maintain personal and confidential information.Essential Functions
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Perform office function's which may include, but are not limited to: respond to internal/external customers and staff; create and modify documents, records, and reports using College standard software; maintain hard copy and/or electronic filing system; monitor inventory and budget information; schedule, coordinate, and prepare materials for meetings and/or appointments.
3. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
4. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
5. Perform clerical/administrative support - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Provide support to students and faculty by preparing classroom materials, day –to-day computer and IDL support, textbook ordering, proctoring exams, processing ID's and parking permits.
- Schedule appointments for students/inquiries with various student services personnel/confirm with students.
- Collect and process payments and fees for students/inquires/stakeholders
- Assist students and prospects with questions, class requirements, admissions, class schedules, registration, orientation, financial aid and other student service related matters
- Assist with collecting and distributing new hire paperwork to Human Resources
- Train/schedule/assign duties to temporary clerical staff and oversee student employees and/or work study employees where applicable.
- Prepare course files, room schedules, run class rosters and contact students if cancellations occur
- Monitor, maintain, analyze data and process required reporting
- Work with RLC Director and Campus Coordinator to implement special projects that may arise throughout the year.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Associate Degree or
- Education combined with appropriate occupational experience in related field totaling 3.5 yrs. (7,000 hrs.) or
- Occupational experience in related field totaling 3.5 yrs. (7,000 hrs.)
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- 2 years preferred in related field
Special Instructions/About Western
This position reports to: Director, Regional Workforce DevelopmentStarting salary range based on education and experience: $18.54-$23.17
Applicant review will begin: November 25, 2019 Start Date of: January 2020 Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.
- customer service
- human resources