- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Angeles
Administrative Assistant - 90226780
Primary Location:US-CA-Los Angeles
Posting Range:18 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Los Angeles, CA
As an Administrative Assistant, you will provide administrative support to Managing Directors and their team.
What will you be doing?
· You will provide a high level of administrative support to investment banking teams (8-15 people).
· You will schedule and coordinate meetings/events, maintain busy appointment calendars.
· You will answer, screen, and route telephone calls; respond to inquiries from internal and external clients and liaise with senior level individuals throughout the Firm.
· You will create, maintain, and access files.
· You will act as back up for other assistants in the office.
· You will handle correspondence, including drafting replies and composing letters and memos.
· You will arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations, including flights, hotels, ground transportation, etc.
· You will prepare and track T&E expenses.
· You will use independent judgment to achieve defined results, e.g. screen and route telephone calls and manage heavy scheduling, with minimum guidance.
· You will handle special projects as they arise.
What we’re looking for:
· 2-4+ years of Administrative experience.
· Experience working with senior level executives in a corporate setting.
· Available to work from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and available to work overtime when needed.
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook essential.
· Demonstrates initiative and the ability to exercise independent judgment. Decisive and confident.
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and clients.
· Outstanding organizational skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task and anticipate work.
· Strong attention to detail.
· High energy level with a positive attitude.
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
· Flexible; adaptable; team player.
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Experience in investment banking industry preferred.
· College degree preferred
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Los Angeles branch location at 10250 Constellation Blvd., Suite 750. This is a 35-story office building located in the heart of Century City and features a restaurant and convenient store. The office is located across the street from the Westfield Century City mall featuring fitness centers, UCLA health, restaurants, shops and easy access to Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits,
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.