- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $15.87 - $24.04 gross per hour
- Salt Lake City
Under general supervision of the District and Juvenile Court Administrators; performs complex clerical, technical, and administrative duties.
Example of Duties
- This position has two (2) career levels where additional skills and responsibilities may be required.
- Takes dictation, performs transcription, types correspondence for executive.
- Prepares meeting agendas and minutes for executive, Board, and other meetings.
- Responsible for coordinating meeting logistics.
- Types confidential material, reports, policies, budget forms, revenue reports, etc.
- Schedules appointments, meetings, prepares meeting agendas, and takes and transcribes meeting minutes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
(includes knowledge, skills, and abilities required upon entry into position and trainable after entry into position)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with course work in legal, business, and secretarial skills plus four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience as an administrative assistant or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of business English and Math, spelling, punctuation, filing, and vocabulary; considerable knowledge of office methods and techniques; working knowledge of bookkeeping and budget tracking.
- Advanced skills in preparing meeting minutes including the ability to synthesize critical information. Must have or demonstrate the ability to quickly learn the formal writing style.
- Ability to perform complex clerical duties requiring considerable exercise of independent judgment. Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills, and detail oriented style in performing required duties.
- Ability to manage multiple calendars and prioritize competing tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with employees, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally in writing, including ability to compose letters; ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill and familiarity in operating automated office equipment including electronic spreadsheets, graphics, word processor, etc.
- Knowledge of basic legal research procedures and preparation of legislation; familiarity with handling of contracts; familiarity with routine bookkeeping procedures; knowledge of routing personnel practices and procedures.
- word processor