- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $12.18 gross per hour
Description: The purpose of this position is to perform a wide variety of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the McKinley County Manager’s Office. This is accomplished by performing general clerical duties and providing customer service to citizens and visitors. Other responsibilities include coordinating meetings, appointments, and travel for department personnel, and performing other duties as requested.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Coordinates and performs a wide-range of administrative support activities for the county administration unit and serves as a liaison with other departments and constituencies in the resolution of day-to-day operations. Assists in problem solving, project planning, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
Provides/performs a variety of administrative/secretarial support for the unit, such as:
Greet and direct visitors, answer inquiries concerning activities and operations of the county; accepts, screens, and routes incoming and outgoing mail and other related correspondence as required.
Performs a variety of typing assignments, which are sometimes confidential in nature. Data-entry, draft, edit, revise, and print letters, tables, reports and other materials.
Prepares photocopies and facsimiles, and operates a variety of office equipment.
Post, balances, monitors and reconciles internal department budgets and reporting systems; may prepare drafts of budget planning documents.
Proficient experience in the utilization of a computer and respective software with an emphasis in the Microsoft Suite.
Establishes, maintains, processes, and updates files, records, and related documentation for the unit as required.
Orders, stocks, and distributes office supplies and maintains inventories. Monitors and oversees the maintenance of office equipment to ensure that no disruption in service occurs.
Coordinates meetings and appointments; enters purchase requisitions and distributes the purchase orders once received; prepares travel arrangements/reimbursements for county administration personnel; and other related activities as directed.
Supervisory Controls: Job has no responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office setting. Work schedule may include irregular hours. Travel may be required.
Other Requirements: The incumbent of this position must comply with established safety guidelines of the County.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Associate’s degree in Administrative Assistant, Liberal Arts, Business, or related field.
- Two (2) or more years of experience spent performing highly responsible secretarial, administrative assistant or office managerial type experience.
- Bilingual (Navajo or Spanish)
- Experience working in a County/Local Government environment.
- Experience working in a broad diverse culture.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and services, ordering and inventory control.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Receptionist skills.
Certificates and Licenses: Must have or be able to obtain a Driver’s License; must be insurable for liability purposes.
Conditions of Employment: May be required to pass a post offer-of-employment physical examination.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
FOR BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OCTOBER 18, 2019 AT 11:59 PM.