- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $17.83 - $22.28 gross per hour
- CITY OF LAKE WORTH BEACH
The City of Lake Worth invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Administrative Assistant.
Closing: Open Until Filled
This is a Non-Exempt position that is part of the Public Employees Union (PEU) and is based on a 40 hour work week with a pay range of $17.83-$22.28 per hour. This position will work at Utilities Building located at 1900 2nd Avenue North, Lake Worth, FL 33461.
In addition, this position offers:
- Vacation and Sick Leave Accruals
- 13 Paid Holidays
- City of Lake Worth Medical Benefits that include Life Insurance, Dental and Vision coverage
- Retirement Plan
Under limited supervision, provides secretarial and administrative assistance for a departmental director; ensures flow of accurate information in a timely efficient manner; and performs related duties as assigned.
This is a non-exempt entry level administrative position containing work related to the daily functions of the City's Community Sustainability Department. This includes but is not limited to ensuring that all daily tasks assigned by the department director are completed efficiently and completely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following (Which are not in hierarchical order. The duties listed are intended to serve as an example of the typical functions performed.) They are exclusive or all-inclusive and will vary with assignments.
- Performs a wide variety of routine and complex secretarial duties.
- Responds, records and/or routes incoming telephone calls, emails or walk-ins.
- Composes, types, transcribes, edits and data entry a variety of building correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material independently, from supervisor's notes, written draft or dictation.
- Notifies and responds to applicants permit status inquiries.
- Maintains City's property file records including accurately creating, filing, purging and destruction of records meeting retention guidelines.
- Retrieves property files for customers from record requests received.
- Retrieves, open, sort and distributes mail and other correspondence to and from City divisions.
- Assists with front desk daily operations and in the absence of front desk staff.
- Assist in coordinating timely building permit reviews and inspection scheduling including external agencies.
- May transcribe minutes and dictation requiring the understanding of building language and complex terminology.
- Responds to inquiries and requests relating to daily function of DCS.
- Other administrative support duties as may be assigned to ensure the successful operation of the Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must display professionalism both in attitude and appearance.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agency personnel and the general public.
- Ability to utilize public relations techniques in responding to inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use business English including appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability in composing, handling and responding to written correspondence.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and reports.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently utilize basic Microsoft Office programs including Outlook (email, calendaring), Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration or related field and three (3) years office administrative experience, or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Knowledge of general office machines, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of record keeping and file maintenance practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of advanced computer software programs pertinent to area of assignment.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of state statutes governing public records.
- Knowledge of City policies, practices and procedures.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Florida driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position involves sedentary to light work in an office setting. There is frequent need to stand, sit, stoop, walk, lift light objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform similar actions during the course of the workday. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.