- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIESThis administrative assistant position is an integral part of the Educational Support Services unit within the Office of Medical Education. The candidate is expected to perform administrative support duties of a complex nature in support of departmental or divisional activities to relieve supervisor of clerical and administrative responsibilities and to maintain efficiency of departmental or divisional office operations.
- Must fulfill duties of all previous grades.
- Maintain the calendar in the curriculum management system (“CMS”), which is one45 for the academic year 2018-2019, for all 1st and 2nd year courses and electives, as well as the 3rd year course Patients, Doctors, and Communities. This includes, but is not limited to, updating session and section descriptions as requested by course directors, entering the type of session and instructional method as denoted by the course directors, ensuring that the location of the scheduled session is available.
- Provide support to course directors in the maintenance of the learning management system (“LMS”), which is Canvas for the academic year 2018-2019, for all 1st and 2nd year courses and electives. This includes, but is not limited to, uploading detail and content associated with each session, creating small groups using the built-in tools of the LMS, adjusting session names so that information is consistent with the CMS.
- Contact course directors prior to their respective sessions to find out about any special arrangements they may need.
- Ensure that session locations are prepared in advance by notifying housekeeping of any special arrangements and verifying that IT will be available, as necessary.
- Assist faculty in turning on the computers and screens in the Belfer classrooms.
- Distribute to students material provided by course directors, as needed, prior to sessions in all educational venues. Collect any extra material at end of session.
- For presentations using Microsoft office products, ensure that the appropriate application starts up and the presentation is visible. Contact IT for any trouble shooting or if a presenter is using a different application.
- In preparation for NBME exams administered in the upper level of the Education Center, coordinate with the Education Facilities Manager about placement of power strips on the floor and ear plugs on the desks. In addition, ensure that magnetic signage is available and placed in appropriate locations before the start of the exam. At the end of the exams, gather the power strips, unused ear plugs, and magnetic signs and return them to the location designated by the Education Facilities Manager.
- Assist in coordination of conferences and special events. Activities may include preparing the agenda, arranging meeting facilities, making travel arrangements, and handling supplies and refreshments, as needed.
- Set up, organize and maintain complex electronic and/or paper divisional or departmental files of records, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of division or department; maintain up-to-date procedural manuals, directives, and related records; compile and summarize data and assist in preparing regular and special reports requiring analysis and evaluation of data; review reports received for supervisor; check and compare with source documents and bring significant items, changes, errors or omissions to the attention of the supervisor.
- Maintain records of expenditures; monitor budgets and notify supervisor of potential problems.
- Assist in procurement and payment processes; utilize computer based programs to submit and track supply orders, requisitions, reimbursement forms for business expenses, vendor invoices, consultant agreements, work orders, etc.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for department/division operated programs, i.e. clerkships.
- High School Diploma and 4+ years of administrative support experience are required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Basic knowledge of PowerPoint. May use other web based programs as assigned
- Must demonstrate good judgment, initiative and attention to detail
- Must be able to effectively track time and resources to prioritize own work assignments
- Must be able to work independently and produce quality work from conception to completion on assigned projects
- Must possess strong customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Uses independent judgment when responding to inquiries
ABOUT USFounded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
We have also been recognized by Forbes as one of the country's best midsize employers in 2019. Forbes ranked Einstein in the top overall nationally among midsize employers. Einstein ranked 3rd within the education category in New York State and 9th nationally among all midsize education employers.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.