- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
About this role BlackRock is recruiting for a dynamic Administrative Assistant for the Retirement Group. This position is based in our New York office. The role that we are looking to hire for primarily supports the Head of Defined Contribution Institutional Sales as well asAbout this role
BlackRock is recruiting for a dynamic Administrative Assistant for the Retirement Group. This position is based in our New York office. The role that we are looking to hire for primarily supports the Head of Defined Contribution Institutional Sales as well as support for a team of 7 individuals including five Directors and two Managing Directors.
Are you a best-in-class professional who has deep experience supporting senior management in a global financial services firm?
Do you want to learn more?
- A great teammate, deeply motivated, inventive, and organized
- A dedicated colleague who loves to collaborate within a team
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, confident and have a positive attitude
- Able to be agile and flexible in response to changing priorities and needs
- Experienced in supporting several leaders or a team
- Creative and curious with an interest to grow within the role
- Meticulous in your attention to detail and completes tasks independently
- Organized, responsive and can communicate with a can-do attitude, while understanding priorities and demonstrating the ability to stay composed under pressure
- Handle a broad range of administrative duties as well as ad-hoc projects across the team
- Perform calendar management, including the complex coordination of meetings and video conferences with multiple participants
- Organize and handle logistics for internal and external meetings, our team events, training, Town Halls and team off-sites
- Arrange and oversee domestic travel (flights, hotels, cars)
- Process expense reports using the internal expense system
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
- Participate in diversity and inclusion efforts for the firm, as well as philanthropic activities
- Aid visitors from other BlackRock offices
- Provide back- up telephone coverage for the head of the Retirement Group
- Bachelor’s degree or secretarial school accreditation preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of professional / corporate or administrative experience
- Experience in roles that work with external clients and executive management
- Experience in a dynamic corporate environment and experience in the financial services industry is a plus
Core skills required:
- Excellent phone manner and management a requirement
- Advanced thorough knowledge of MS Outlook
- Proficiency working with automated expense tracking, online travel; experience using Concur preferred
- Excellent organization skills, detail orientated and time management
- Ability to thrive and work with senior management under highly demanding conditions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, anticipate needs and make sound decisions with minimal direction
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and concurrent assignments in a demanding environment with high degree of accuracy. Demonstrating follow through on all assignments.
- Solid time management skills
- Capability to work in partnership in a team environment and to dedicatedly assist others as needed
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate the highest standard of conduct, performance and business ethics
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures.As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals.As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock| Blog:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
- directors and executives