- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $20.05 - $22.89 gross per hour
Position Summary, Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for Ice Arena office supervision and clerical support functions as assigned by the Ice Arena Manager. Time will be spent working in the Ice Arena office and at the Ice desk answering incoming phone calls, providing customer service to guests, disbursing a variety of information on numerous programs, performing scheduling and invoicing procedures, and completing a variety of projects as assigned by the Ice Arena Manager.
- Assists with recruitment, interviewing, hiring and supervision of Ice desk staff.
- Assists in training of Ice Arena staff and managers in cashiering, registration, and general office procedures.
- Assists Ice Arena Manager with scheduling ice time and invoicing user groups.
- Assists Ice Arena management with supervision and training of part-time ice arena employees as required.
- Performs duties of Manager on Duty (MOD) for entire Apex Center as requested.
- Completes accurate cash reports and deposits daily.
- Responsible for enforcing all Apex Park and Recreation Districts policies and procedures.
- Works with payroll to ensure timely processing of biweekly payroll according to district policy.
- Attends training sessions, workshops, staff meetings, and conferences as assigned.
- Maintains instructional records for program staff and coaches at the Ice Arena.
- Maintains attendance records for public skate, the learn-to-skate program, and special programs on a daily basis.
- Assists Ice Arena Manager in pricing, inventory, and storage of pro shop supplies.
- Maintains an inventory of office related equipment and first aid supplies.
Supervises part-time Ice Desk staff and assists in training new staff.
KNOWLEDGE: Proficiency in MS Office and Max Galaxy software preferred. Knowledge of basic cash flow procedures and basic cost accounting. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and support related tasks and able to work independently.
SKILLS: Possesses strong customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to sharpen ice skates preferred. Strong organizational, communication, and planning skills.
ABILITIES: Ability to be flexible, work independently and as a team member, and to assume responsibility for task initiative and completion. Ability to make sound decisions and use good judgement during stressful situations.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma required. College degree preferred. Must possess current and valid Colorado driver's license and CPR, Standard First Aid certifications or obtain within 90 days of hire. CPRP Preferred. Minimum of 2 years' experience in an ice arena position preferred.
Ability to work in extreme cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid environments. Ability to work in environments with noise, fumes, odors, and dust.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Must be able to lift and move equipment as needed. A maximum of 50 pounds unassisted and 100 pounds assisted.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel to industry related trainings and certification classes, in-state and out-of-state.