- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Provide high-level administrative support to Duke University Health System’s Chief Quality Officer. Apply knowledge and skills to resolve complex administrative problems independently and with others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and maintain a challenging calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries on behalf of Chief Quality Officer
- Partner with other administrative support staff on an ongoing basis to coordinate multiple demanding calendars, while ensuring that critical meetings are scheduled and business objectives are met. Exercise judgment in determining priorities for Chief Quality Officer’s calendar.
Communications and Meeting Preparation
- Develop and review advanced presentation materials; prepare complex documentation, reports, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets at designated intervals and as requested.
- Partner with DUHS Chancellor and President Offices to create and distribute quality-related communications.
- Represent the Chief Quality Officer with external contacts including government and regulatory agencies. Respond to requests for information and provide assistance as appropriate.
- Review outgoing material for completeness, dates, and signatures.
- Coordinate and complete special projects independently or in cooperation with other groups as assigned.
- The Chief Quality Officer serves on several external Boards. Arrange Board travel itineraries and scheduling on behalf of Chief Quality Officer.
- Serve as principal source of information to staff and visitors; respond to requests for information and provide assistance as appropriate.
- Prioritize and resolve inquiries (phone, e-mail, in-person).
- Determine administrative needs for conferences, meetings, seminars or other related activity where the Chief Quality Officer is in charge of the event. Assemble and arrange for necessary items.
- Assist in developing budgets and monitoring expenditures, reconcile financial statements.
- Plan and coordinate special events as assigned.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Education and Experience: High school education or equivalent with five years of administrative support experience of increasing variety, complexity and demonstration of work leadership. Two years post secondary education with three years of experience. Highly prefers someone with healthcare industry experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of department policies, procedures, and goals as well as administrative support in completing complex tasks.
- Demonstrated the understanding of basic leadership approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing and coaching.
- Demonstrated success applying highest level of secretarial skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to gain the confidence and cooperation of peers.
- Demonstrated editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet demanding deadlines.
- Must be self-directed and able to take initiative.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.