- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Administrative Support Associate - Journey Please see Special Instructions for more details. * Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write 'see resume' on your application when completing the job duties section.* If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).* Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.* Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis. Position Details
Job TitleAdministrative Support Associate - JourneyPosition Number944504Vacancy Open toAll Candidates Time-LimitedNoDepartment Homepagewww.pasc.ecu.edu/Advertising DepartmentPIRATE TUTORINGDivisionAcademic AffairsClassification Title10421 Admin Support AssociateCompetency Level2 - JourneyWorking TitleAdministrative Support Associate - JourneyNumber of Vacancies1Full Time Equivalent (FTE)1.0Full Time or Part TimeFull TimeRecruitment Range$31,200 - $40,156Anticipated Hiring Range$31,200 - $32,000Salary Grade EquivalencyGN05Work ScheduleM-FWork Hours8-5pmPosition Location (City)GreenvilleJob CategoryStaff - Office/ClericalOrganizational Unit OverviewThis position is assigned to the Pirate Academic Success Center (PASC). The Pirate Academic Success Center at East Carolina University provides academic support to undergraduate students.
The Pirate Academic Success Center is a part of the Undergraduate Studies unit in Academic Affairs. The Administrative Support personnel of the PASC reports directly to the Director of the Pirate Academic Success Center.
Job Duties This position will be responsible for the following:
-Greeting all students, parents, faculty, staff and visitors to the center.
- Making and maintaining accurate tutoring, mentoring and study skills appointments.
– Answering phone, email and in person inquiries and referring to appropriate resource or service at ECU.
- Maintaining, correcting, and troubleshooting daily appointments in the center’s ACCUSQL database system.
- Greeting, triaging, and supervising student mentors and tutors checking in and out of daily sessions.
- Maintaining quality customer service at center welcome desk.
- Assisting with supervising work-study students, maintaining work schedules and processing work-study financial and employment processes.
- Processing work orders, facilities maintenance, and technology support for PASC.
– Maintaining accurate student records including Banner student data, course assignments, faculty assignments, and employment records.
- Communicating center services to campus stakeholders by phone, email, and in person contacts.
- Maintaining center email account and responding to faculty, staff, student and parent inquiries.
- Maintaining center tutoring resources inventory including ordering textbooks, and tutoring supplies.
- Collecting, processing, organizing and distributing campus and external mail.
– Assisting with special projects as needed by professional staff and mentoring or tutoring services.
Minimum Education/ExperienceHigh school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
License or Certification required by statute or regulationNone
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/EducationLicense or Certification required by the DepartmentNone
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Job Open Date12/02/2019Job Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on this date; If no closing date is indicated, the position will be posted until filled and may close at any time after the recruitment has been completed. 12/09/2019Open Until FilledNoQuick Link for Direct Access to Postinghttp://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/33387Alternate optionIf no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
AA/EOEEast Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department for Disability Support Services at (252) 737-1016 (Voice/TTY).
Eligibility for EmploymentFinal candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.
Office of Human Resources Contact InformationIf you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to email@example.com. Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.
Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate where you learned about this job vacancy.
- Workplace Diversity
- Greenville Daily Reflector
- Raleigh News & Observer
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Journal of Blacks in Higher Ed
- Hispanic Outlook
- Women in Higher Ed
- Yahoo HotJobs.com
- ECU Website
Documents Needed To ApplyRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- human resources