- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Willamette Valley Cancer Institute is looking for an Admixture Technician to join their phenomenal team. The Pharmaceutical treatment of cancer is specialized and ever changing field. The team at WVCI is looking for an individual to help prepare, maintain, and deliver medications for our amazing patients. While admix or hospital experience is preferred, a person that has the desire to work within a team, and is always striving to learn will find success in this role. If are looking for a new challenge in your career, and have a heart for service, we want to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full time, 40hr/week (1.0 FTE)
Benefits: M/D/V, Life Ins., 401(k)
Location: Eugene, OR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the preparation of medication orders by compounding or admixing medications.
- Checks all orders for completeness of information. Verifies patient information and proper physician authorization.
- Admixes drugs as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner as per department guidelines, and preparing all drugs within OSHA guidelines and interoffice guidelines.
- Calculates correct dosage volumes, converting between metric and apothecary equivalents.
- Properly disposes all materials used when mixing chemo or non-chemo IVs. Assists in cleaning hoods daily checking drugs monthly for outdates and other quality assurance activities as assigned.
- Assists in keeping accurate temperature logs, accurate logs on all protocol drugs and patient assistance drugs.
- Maintains proper control documentation of medications including lot numbers. Provide support with inventory control of medications. Prepares labels. Files and prepares billing. Basic data entry into department automation.
Experience and Education:
High School or Equivalent
Hospital Pharmacy Experience Preferred
Pharmacy Tech Certificate
More About The Company
Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center is an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends. We are committed to excellence which means providing the latest in cancer-fighting medical treatments and technologies.
Located in the beautiful Eugene-Springfield area, amid-sized community where you can experience the splendor of all four seasons in a moderate climate. The South Willamette Valley is known for being wine country, and Eugene is a haven for wine lovers and craft beer enthusiasts. Superb skiing or a walk on the beach is within an hour's drive. Home to TrackTown USA and the University of Oregon, it's a mecca for runners and fans of track and football.The nearby rival, OSU in Corvallis, OR, makes for a spirit of competition in the air.
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, WVCI participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 89 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Eugene, Corvallis, and Springfield communities with clinical offices located throughout the Central Oregon area.
To learn more about WVCI and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.oregoncancer.com.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
About the company