- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitleAdvanced Practice Provider III/UKHCRequisition NumberRE21109Working TitleDepartment Name7H856:SURGERY/CARDIOTHORACICWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level15Salary Range$95,056-162,406/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationMS
Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience1 yr
Required License/Registration/CertificationFor Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, acute care certification is preferred.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University’s verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
Physical RequirementsAbility to stand for long periods, lift or pull 50 pounds.
ShiftMonday through Friday, 45-50+ hours/week as exempt status, on-call and weekend shifts assigned.
Job SummaryThe critical care Advanced Practice Provider (APP) works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
The critical care APP generally functions as a member of the ICU medical management team. This is often within a designated intensive care.
As a surgical APP, one will be involved in all aspects of pre-intra-and post-op care including but not limited to 1st assisting in the operating room, EVH, Open radial artery harvest, arterial and central catheter insertion IABP and chest tube management.
Management of patients in outpatient pre/post-operative clinic. On call rotation with other PA’s on the team.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesFirst assist in the OR, EVH, open radial harvest, arterial and central catheter insertion, IABP and chest tube management.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceCritical care/ICU medical management experience and surgical experiences in all aspects of pre-intra and post-op care preferred.
Deadline to Apply11/17/2019University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * For Nurse Practitioner applicants, do you have a current certification in Acute Care, or are eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- I am a Physician Assistant
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- human resources