- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-11-08
Advanced Security Officer
Texas A&M University - Commerce
Proposed Minimum Salary
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Advanced Security Officer compensation is at $12.38 per hour / $25,750.40 annually.
The Advanced Security Officer, under general supervision, serves and protects the university by assisting law enforcement in reporting crimes and suspicious activity, maintaining visibility of security presence to deter crime and assist faculty, staff and students as needed, and to enforce all parking regulations. Provides communications (dispatch) officer support to ensure department operational needs are met.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrols designated areas to prevent, discover and deter the commission of crime.
- Reports matters requiring police action to communications or to officers directly.
- Reports all irregularities, emergencies or suspicious activity.
- Provides a detailed written report on witnessing any criminal activity.
- Issues parking citations, directs flow of traffic and assists with parking vehicles.
- Patrols buildings and grounds to check for fires, water leaks, and general building security.
- Unlocks/locks buildings as required by university schedules.
- Assists communications officer in performance of duties in case of absenteeism and work break periods. This will include answering and dispatching emergency calls as well as other duties.
- Provides information and services to visitors, students and faculty.
- Works special events as required or scheduled by supervisor.
- Projects a professional image both on and off duty, including the prudent use of Social Media, not appearing intoxicated in public, and other conduct unbecoming of the position.
- Education: High school diploma or GED.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: One year experience as a security officer or other comparable full-time employment. Communication skills. Keyboarding skills. Planning, organizational and task management skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work under stress. Ability to prepare reports, describing facts and events accurately. Ability to comprehend technical aspects of communications equipment.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Hired personnel shall be required to attend and pass state-mandated certification classes.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Security Officers are required to wear uniforms which are provided.
The first four weeks of employment are on the job training and may occur on any of the three shifts as needed.
An additional five weeks of employment are on the job training and hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Due to the position you are applying for requires access to CJI systems, if it is found you have any of the following convictions on your criminal history report your application will be disqualified: Felony Conviction
Felony Deferred Adjudication
Class A Misdemeanor Conviction
Class A Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication
Family Violence Conviction
Open arrest for any criminal offense (felony or misdemeanor) will be disqualified until disposition.
The following will be a disqualified for the amount of time listed:
Class B Misdemeanor Conviction – 10 years Class B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication – 10 years
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
- social media