- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As part of Delta's Information Technology Channels area, the Advisory Developer within Enterprise Notification Systems (ENS) is responsible for the delivery and support of business critical applications that facilitate outbound customer notifications and inbound customer servicing.
Our team designs and builds robust solutions which align with Delta's flexible, modular customer communication roadmap. This includes outbound notifications, inbound Chatbot and AI interactions, and customer care servicing technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Advisory Developer to play a significant part in driving technology deliverables to completion while working with a variety of technologies. This person will help lead the team in design and development for multiple initiatives, and is responsible for Technical Design, Architecture, Development, Enhancements and Support for several ENS systems. The Advisory Developer plays the Domain Architect's role on projects, defining refined and complete solutions. This position will be in Atlanta.
YOUR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Serve as a technical leader in both the development and maintenance of applications within ENS, including creation and implementation on code standards and reviews
- Collaborate with IT Leaders, Architects, and IT partners across the organization from a strategic and tactical perspective to set direction to produce & support quality software solutions
- Accountable for the technical integrity of the ENS systems
- Ability to share and communicate ideas, both face-to-face and in writing to people at various levels within Delta in a clear, concise and contextual manner
- Identify and translate system requirements into a prescribed architecture blueprint, and guide the process to completion by building/maintaining the necessary technical artifacts
- Provide technical leadership in all phases of the application lifecycle & lead several large projects in parallel
- Lead ENS high severity incidents 24x7 and be responsible to communicate resolution including short and long term remediation
- Mentor directly or coordinate mentoring of Technical Leads
- Ensure development practices follow industry and enterprise Delta IT standards
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 5+ years of technology experience as a developer or technical lead, including experience delivering complex information technology solutions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Broad experience and demonstrated knowledge in the following: Oracle, Exadata, Azure, distributed Cache and In-Memory Database, Linux and MS Windows Server, MS Visual Studio, C#/.Net, Java, APIs, and MS Bot Framework technologies
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD a plus
- A balance of development (build) skills and troubleshooting expertise required
- Excellent leadership skills
- Significant experience with Agile practices
- Ability to be effective in a high stress environment
- Self-motived and proactive with minimal supervision with proven ability to drive and take ownership
- Ability and demonstrated experience in managing multiple, parallel work and meeting committed completion dates
- Exemplify a world class competitive mindset for implementing continuous improvement methodologies
- Be inspiring and motivating to the team and those around you.
- Be able to facilitate and coordinate work sessions such as design discussions, brainstorming sessions, problem solving discussions, technical bridge calls, etc....Have ability to bring the group to consensus and manage differing ideas and opinions
- Be objective, factual and complete in all communication
- Always demonstrate good judgment in weighing options, making decisions and taking action that are in the best interest of Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Highly motivated, inquisitive, collaborative, creative, proactive, and excellent communication are non-technical skills that will fit best in our environment
- The work we need to do will change from week to week as we complete projects and take on new assignments. Flexibility and coping with change will be constant so being accomplished at negotiating a rapidly changing technology environment and a recognition that this is how an agile program operates will be a great advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft AI and Bot framework preferred
- Strong customer service orientation
- Functional knowledge of the airline business or airline IT processes is a
About the company
Is a major American airline, with its headquarters and largest hub at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. The airline along with its subsidiaries operate over 5,400 flights daily and serve an extensive domestic and international network that includes 334 destinations in 64 countries on six continents, as of June 2015.