- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small. Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a passionate AI back-end lead, to be embedded in the AI product solutions team, that will contribute to the creation of innovative A.I. experiences in education. Our mission is to deliver the development of AI-first, outcome-driven products to improve learning. The position provides the opportunity to engage in delivering cutting-edge solutions within a cross-functional team. Above all, your work will contribute to developing products that have an impact on millions of learners around the globe.
As an AI lead you will:
- Analyze & Design - Design solutions that effectively model the customer's requirements, taking into account performance, maintainability/complexity, market trends and innovation, controlling costs, system robustness and scalability, and long term quality initiatives. Follow established design patterns and recommend new design patterns.
- Implement - Implement designs following Pearson coding standards and industry best practices.
- Review - Participates in and reviewing requirements, design, code, and test case (both manual and automated) reviews
- Test - Work closely with other teams (e.g., QA, devOps, configuration management, end users) to release high quality software. Create testable code and implement automated unit, integration, and functional tests as part of all development activities.
- Document - Complete project documentation as required, including logging status, risk, progress, and effort on assigned work
Required Education & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Experience in the delivery of artificial intelligence experiences within software or mobile platform. I.e TensorFlow or similar platforms.
- 10 years experience with complete development process: design, test, build, deploy, repeat in a cloud environment
- 5 years experience with AWS or Google Cloud platform components such as Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud CDN, Cloud Pub/Sub, Stackdriver
- 5 years experience using industry standard DevOps tools (CI/CD, Jenkins, GoCD, Git, scripting, Gradle, Maven, Docker/containers, Kubernetes, etc...)
- Familiarity with API development, HTTP, async processing, parallel processing, distributed computing
- Expert experience with programming languages, at least one of (GOLang, Java, Python/SymPy)
- 5 years experience with Analytics, logging, monitoring, metrics (SDKs from Firebase and Google is a plus)
- 5 years experience creating APIs, Web Services (RESTful), API documentation.
- Familiar with Appium, SauceLab testing platforms
- Experience building and maintaining scalable solutions in a distributed environment.
- Solid understanding of the Platform / Infrastructure as a Service (PaaS / Iaas) model in the online environment, and how to utilize and optimize these services to manage costs and scalability.
- Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience in defining and completing non-functional requirements such as Accessibility, Security, I18N, Performance, and/or Scalability
- Demonstrated passion for infrastructure as code, automation, continuous improvement, and a "can do" attitude.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work solo and part of a cross functional team
- Work from our office in Centennial, Colorado interfacing with partners globally
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors, manage interactions and project needs
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the company