- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- HOLLOMAN AFB - NEW MEXICO - UNITED STATES
United States of America - New Mexico, Holloman AFB
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic 2 / AGE in support of U.S. Air Force maintenance operations at Holloman AFB NM. This position is governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). This contract consists of F-16 Block 40 aircraft organizational level (O-level) assigned to the 49th Maintenance Group (49MXG), 7th and 8th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) contractor operation and Intermediate level (I-Level) supplementing the 49th Component Maintenance Squadron (49 CMS), 49 Equipment Maintenance Squadron (49 EMS) and 49 Maintenance Group Staff to support flying training for the 49th Wing’s (49 WG) training mission at Holloman AFB (HAFB), NM.
The Ground Support Equipment Mechanic diagnoses malfunctions and repairs Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE), inspects and approves completed maintenance actions, solves repair problems by studying drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics, and technical publications; uses automated maintenance data systems to monitor maintenance trends, analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and document maintenance actions, and analyzes, diagnosis, and repairs AGE using conventional and digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, circuit card testers, transistor testers, and hand tools. Position reports to the Supervisor.
1) Maintains external fuel and grounding systems, performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on AGE, inspects, tests, and operates AGE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation, services equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, and compressed air, diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications.
2) Disassembles and assembles malfunctioning AGE accessories and components, removes, disassembles repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and reinstalls AGE components and accessories, stencils and marks AGE in accordance with technical publications, stores, handles, labels, uses, and disposes of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards and regulations.
3) Prepares AGE for storage and mobility deployment; and operates, cleans, inspects, and services AGE towing vehicles.
4) In addition to maintaining vehicle records, this mechanic maintains and updates paper and electronic equipment records, provides dispatch service for AGE, including positioning equipment to support aircraft maintenance and flying operations, practices good housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage prevention, and safety at all times.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested. Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of munition mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
This worker will be required to make entries in logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste and smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 15-25 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat or cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, in which case questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues. Night work may be required. Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Secret Security Clearance. Candidate also must pass an FBI fingerprint check prior to being offered employment. Position may require travel.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Five (5) years actual and recent maintenance experience preferred.
- Candidates who have completed military maintenance training or maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license highly desired.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 229087BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- safety and security