- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Airfreight Pricing Specialist
Job Title: Pricing Analyst- Air Freight
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
DHL Global Forwarding (“DGF”) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at http://www.dpdhl.com/en/career.html
We have an exciting opportunity for an Air Freight Pricing Analyst. In this role you will analyze and recommend appropriate pricing for DHL Air Freight products and services by conducting market analysis, competitor analysis, profitability analysis, and revenue simulations. This position is based at our San Francisco, California location
· Analyzes and recommends appropriate pricing for DHL Air Freight products and services for specific customers by applying guidelines, performing profitability analysis, and suggesting optimal pricing
· Enforces and interprets pricing policy while working closely with Sales
· Forecasts volume and revenue to use in financial and operational planning activities
· Initiates profitability reports and develops plans to increase profitability and maximize yield
· Analyzes competitor pricing and makes recommendations regarding ways to improve DHL pricing and profitability
Skills / Requirements:
· Previous experience working in Freight Forwarding, Logistics and/or Supply Chain industry
· Strong project management skills and ability to work with multiple bids in parallel
· Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Strong analytical skills and good communication skills
· High proficiency in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables
· BS/BA preferred
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
· Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
· Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
· 401K plan with a match
· Employee Discount plan
· Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
- microsoft excel
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.