- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Seal Beach
Seal Beach,California,United States 6E3HP3 The Boeing Company’s Airport Compatibility Engineering (ACE) group is seeking candidates to join our team of airport engineers to contribute to our high visibility work statement to assure that Boeing airplanes are compatible with and have access to the worlds airport, strive for airport regulations that are equitable and achievable for Boeing aircraft, ensure that new airplane design requirements result in minimal aircraft/airport constraints, minimize airport limitations/restrictions on our aircraft and provide airplane programs support.
This position is located in Seal Beach, California.
- Compares airplane configurations with airport operations and infrastructure worldwide to identify incompatible airplane or airport features.
- Performs on-site tests to validate pavement roughness and strength and provides recommendations.
- Analyzes and documents airport infrastructure and makes recommendations for airport modifications and upgrades.
- Conducts trade studies of airplane design characteristics and provides recommendations on configuration changes.
- Participates in airport-related conferences, groups and industry meetings to disseminate airplane product development trends and effect regulatory and infrastructure changes.
- Works under general direction.
This position requires periodic travel to integrate with customers, suppliers, and other organizations.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
**Employer willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status**
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 or more years or related experience with a Bachelor's Degree, 3 or more years or experience with a Masters Degree
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering strongly preferred.
- Experience in AutoCAD and AeroTURN/PATH Planner.
- Experience in airside airport operations and design/planning.
- Experience with FAA/ICAO Airport Design standards.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Foreign language skill is a plus.
- Communication, Collaboration, Planning & Organizing, Managing Work and Initiating Action
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time BCA Engineering Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company