- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manage retail inventory flow and create store-specific distribution strategies to maximize store sales and SKU productivity.
Key Accountabilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage inventory flow by brand, district, store while taking into consideration store size, climate, seasonality, capacity, etc.
- Proactively plan, react, communicate, and take appropriate action to meet and exceed sales and margin budgets.
- Assist with the implementation and management of store assortments through a strong partnership with the buying team, using store clusters (to include store size, climate, seasonality, capacity, etc.) to maximize full-price sell thru and turns.
- Analyze, monitor and recap core item performance and inventory levels on a weekly basis, minimize out of stocks.
- Provide quantitative analysis to support planning, buying and store planning decisions both preseason and in-season.
- Create and analyze item replenishment AR models to ensure appropriate stock to sales ratios based on selling patterns (sales trend, events, promotions etc.)
- Analyze and monitor open to ship by department for each store.
- Ensure that all product is shipped in compliance with product launch dates and new store opening dates.
- Consistently update store capacity models through Weeks Of Stock (WOS) tool.
- Create plans and forecasts that are consistent with the stores' potential to sell.
- Ensure recaps of sales performance on transitional merchandise, select store buys, test items, etc. are completed on a weekly basis.
- Create and maintain smooth product flows by development of outbound flow from the DC on specific timelines.
- Consolidate, analyse and communicate size and location based performance, including sales/inventory comparisons, seasonality and marketing impacts. Utilize analysis to identify profit opportunities.
- Collaborate with operations, DC, planning and the BU to support strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities.
- React to in season trends by door to ensure that the models are being adjusted appropriately based on each stores performance.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Retail KPI's.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of retail math.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and familiarity with merchandising systems/applications.
- Advanced Excel skills, and a thorough understanding of macros, pivot tables, lookup formulas, formatting, etc.
- Familiarity accessing data from a database structure.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of the business via phone, written and in-person communication.
- Ability to understand and use financial data, such as fractions, percentages, ratios, gross margin, net sales, etc., to make decisions and influence outcomes.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and create reporting tools from data.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and problem-solve.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize data, identify trends and recommend viable solutions.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work on a cross functional team and be a part of a team atmosphere.
- Bachelor s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- A minimum 3 years of planning or allocations experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Merchandising preferred.
adidas is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.