- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Amazon Retail Lead in Detroit Area
**This is a full time position, averaging 30-40 hrs per week**
Join the Amazon team that launched Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star. We provide a unique extension of Amazon.com through a curated product selection, our associates’ ability to engage in impromptu conversation, and physical spaces designed for discovery and exploration. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers love. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a Lead Retail Associate who can bring Amazon’s customer obsession to life in a retail environment and make Amazon stores a destination for discovering the best that Amazon.com has to offer, whether that be books, devices, services, or other highly rated products from Amazon.com. You will assist the manager with store operations, maintain a key to the store and have floor leader responsibilities. You will play a vital role in modeling expectations for associates and contribute to a strong culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous learning, and fun.
What You Do:
• Be an expert in interacting with customers by effectively using customer engagement strategies and model desired behavior for the rest of the team.
• Maintain deep product knowledge with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and demonstrate product features, pricing, and program offers to customers.
• Provide ongoing training in areas including demo and selling skills, product knowledge, and store operations, and assist manager in identifying training needs.
• Supports associate onboarding and helps them develop in their roles through on-the-spot feedback and coaching on processes and standards and participates in associate interviews as required
• Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating in the development of best practices and continuous product knowledge.
• Assist manager with operational functions, including merchandising, safety, reporting, interviewing and onboarding.
• Assist manager with supervisory functions when manager is not available, including scheduling, payroll management, timesheet verification, and time and attendance.
• Help identify trends that contribute to the customer and associate experience and support the manager in building a strong store culture.
• Troubleshoot on-site, ensuring all product displays are working properly and assisting customers with products they have purchased.
• May be required to open and close the location, staff the location by yourself, and make decisions independently to help customers.
• Work with manager to maintain the physical safety of the merchandise and the store.
• Perform additional duties as assigned work in a dynamic environment that is always to enhance the Amazon brand and exceed our customer expectations
· Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
· You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for shifts lasting up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
· High school or equivalent diploma
· 3+ years of experience in retail or customer facing environment, or 1+ years of Amazon experience
· 1+ year of retail key-holder or supervisory experience, or 1+ years of Amazon experience
· Experience working independently with minimal supervision
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.