- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Fort Lauderdale
America Marine Service Tender Manager - 005CXR
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Marine service office in Florida is hiring a tender manager
The customer panel ranges from End users Cruise Ship companies, third party’s integrators, to panel builders.
The marine cruise ship market offers the chance to work with the full scope of Schneider Electric portfolio:
- Electrical distribution, medium and low voltage.
- Buildings (Hotel area)
- Ecostruxure and Automation
This position is accountable for providing quotations to end user customers by using advanced and technical expertise to prepare quotation packages for
- Small to large, simple to complex projects.
- Site Interventions service calls including labor and parts
- Spare parts business
The tender will have to
Coordinate bid strategy.
- Interpret complex customer requirements and offers solutions that maximize profitability and add value for the customer.
- work with sales to create custom scopes of work to meet customer requirements.
- Gather commercial, financial and technical information needed in the preparation on pre and post bid.
Reporting: This position reports to the Miami Marine Business manager.
1. Demonstrates extensive knowledge of SE products and their application is desired.
2. Determines current and future customer needs and provides quotation for optimum delivery based on plant capacity and customer requirements.
3. Reviews customer technical and commercial data to ensure quote is technically compatible, commercially viable, and competitive.
4. Serves as peer expert for proposal questions including complex technical issues and bid strategies.
5. Reviews volume of quotes/hit rate and develops a sales strategy to increase proposal-based business: Responsible of keeping all managing KPIs up to date
6. Follows up on outstanding quotations to secure orders, improve quotation process and measure effectiveness.
7. Communicates to group importance of using new tools and technology to improve efficiency.
8. The tender will be in the Marine front office in Florida and will have to collaborate with the marine back office in France. A willingness and effort to communicate with this back office is strongly recommended.
9. Interactions and collaboration
- Tender manager will share his quotations and methodology with the marine back office
- Daily synchronization
- Other peer tenders are located in the back office
- Strong intimacy with marine order managers and SE USA ordering process.
9 Tools: BFO, SAP, LEAP, ORACLE, OFFICE suite
1. Candidate should have a strong technical background. Experience with Medium and Low Voltage power breakers, Knowledge in Medium voltage relays, an ability to promote and quote Ecostruxure solutions applied to Marine electrical distribution project is also required.
2. 5-10 years in the Electrical industries with bid and proposal experience at a systems integrator, large end user, or outside sales experience is desired.
3. High level of understanding of marine industry techniques and current trends to increase customers experience and drive cost effective quotations.
4. English fluent (French would be a serious plus)
5. Experience in International Trade
6. Degree: Bachelor degree: Electrical Engineering Degree and/or Business degree
7. Needed Strong Points: The candidate shall be highly customer oriented, rigorous, possess and show leadership, able to find solutions in a complex organization and be able to work in complete autonomy. Being a Team Player and being very well organized is also requested.
The preferred location for this position is Fort Lauderdale or Miami.
Potential travels to be considered.
Primary Location: US-Florida-Ft. Lauderdale
Unposting Date: Ongoing