- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-11-08
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The AmeriCorps Recruiter will coordinate campus and community recruitment activities to promote AmeriCorps service. The AmeriCorps Recruiter will serve 20-25 hours per week to promote AmeriCorps service opportunities through campus and community presence. Activities will include the distribution of brochures, visual aids and application opportunities on a monthly basis to individuals, groups, associations, faulty and target populations.
- Develop and facilitate specific outreach activities on a monthly basis.
- Provide additional recruitment outreach and services to surrounding communities including other education institutions.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and collaborations with university departments, student organizations and other key campus leaders.
- Develop and maintain social media presence in coordination with Volunteer Florida.
- Submit regular reports aligned with contract deliverables (monthly or quarterly) and end of year report.
Desired Skills and Experience
- AmeriCorps Alumni - serving 1 or more years as an AmeriCorps member
- Nation Service Experience – knowledge of national service programs, specifically AmeriCorps, including service opportunities, benefits and challenges of service.
- Technical Aptitude – demonstrated ability to learn and fully utilize technology platforms including social media platforms.
- Verbal and Written Communication— ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Planning and Coordination — demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate among members of the team and between other departments or external organizations to facilitate collaboration. Ability to develop and deliver recruitment materials and present recruitment outreach sessions.
- Organization – skill in maintaining a high level of organization with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously. Skill in time management.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
- social media