- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Analyst, Strategy & Insights
The Analyst, Strategy & Insights will support the collection, analysis and communication of consumer research for our growing portfolio of multiplatform brands. This role will help build partnerships with management by delighting internal clients with day-to-day, strategic and actionable insights and recommendations for continued growth.
Translates consumer research from various sources and methodologies into meaningful stories and actionable growth recommendations.
Manages multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently juggles workload in the face of shifting priorities and deadlines
Acts as the go-to expert on an organized repository of all quantitative and qualitative files and other assets produced in primary consumer initiatives
Translates research instruments between English and Spanish
Screens and reviews content to provide summaries and identify patterns across the companies content products
Works under the direct supervision of the Sr Manager, Insight & Strategy and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Sociology, Entertainment, Media, or related field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum one year research experience at a broadcast/cable network, agency, media research supplier or digital media company; alternatively, other experience grounded in strategic thinking and quantitative/qualitative consumer research
• Demonstrated expertise and proficiency using Microsoft Office applications including Excel (pivot tables and macros a plus) and PowerPoint
• Experienced in providing detailed analytics and insights
• Proficient written and verbal communication in English and Spanish
• Must consume the category’s Spanish-language content regularly in order to test content products effectively
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to provide references from previous employers if requested
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Demonstrated strong analytic ability; critical thinker; fast learner; proactive problem solver
• Exhibits working knowledge with Nielsen, digital/social analytics products & SPSS/SAS a plus
• Understanding of modeling and statistics a plus
• Certification as a qualitative research moderator a plus
• Master’s degree in fields like data science or sociology a plus
• Exhibits familiarity with Spanish-language television
• Demonstrated relationship-building skills
• Clearly demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed environment, balancing multiple competing priorities on tight deadlines in high-pressure environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Creative and highly organized
• Effective time management skills and exhibits attention to detail
Sub-BusinessTLMD Research & Insights
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.