- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking and ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do dynamic and significant work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of building life changing medicines.
We have an exciting opportunity to work in the US Business Insight and Analytic organization as an Analytics Lead, Oncology working on the Business Insight team, Sales Leaders and Marketing team, you are accountable for developing and leading the collection, interpretation and integration of all aspects of data insight from a variety of analytics sources to inform and enhance decision making across the brand and customer Facing teams. This is a hands-on role that leads the synthesis of a variety of data and information into actionable opportunities.
You will leverage available tools and resources to provide insight and guidance based upon a deep knowledge of brands, sales, market environment and evolving health care systems, customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identify business needs proactively and build research/analysis with foresight
- Conduct objective quantitative analyses and provide evaluation, interpretation, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
- Lead the integration of insight from a variety of sources to inform material decisions through the delivery of robust opportunity focused recommendations.
- Compile and analyze secondary marketing and/or sales data (including identification and appropriate use of data sources)
- Create insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
- Collaborate cross functionally with customer facing teams, internal insight colleagues, outsourced partners, and consultants as needed.
- Share insights and assessments across the Customer Insight team to identify synergies and a more consistent approach to performance and opportunity assessment
- Performance/KPI development, tracking, and best practice sharing across functions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong analytics capability / business acumen with ability to understand and interpret information from multiple sources.
- Good presentation skills with the ability to explain concepts or plans in a simple concise manner.
- Ability to perform market assessments (using multiple quantitative and qualitative sources) to translate data into actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of secondary data sources (IMS, WK, Fingertip Formulary, Integrichain, etc.)
- Comfort with ambiguity with the ability to challenge traditional thinking to solve problems.
- Ability to lead without authority
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across groups of diverse backgrounds and skills
- Ability to provide informational and analytical support for leadership in a timely and effective manner through seamless integration with other members of Customer Insight.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Advanced Quantitative Degree (Statistics, Engineering, or Economics) or Advanced Degree (i.e. MBA)
- 2+ years of experience with SAS/Base, SAS/Stat
- 2+ years’ experience in statistical analysis - ANOVA-ANCOVA, Regression analysis, Optimization and Simulation
- Experience in presenting to large teams with senior members
- Project/program management expertise.
- Pharmaceutical Sales Experience
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the company
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that spans the discovery, development, manufacturing, distribution and worldwide commercialisation of primary care and speciality care medicines.
We believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
We invest in distinctive science in three main therapy areas where we believe we can make the most meaningful difference to patients: oncology; cardiovascular and metabolic diseases; and respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity. Our science exploits our rare combination of capabilities in small molecules and biologics, immunotherapies, protein engineering technologies and devices. These are reinforced by a strong focus on translational science and personalised healthcare capabilities. We build on our own capabilities by collaborating with world-renowned scientists and academic institutions and partnering with like-minded science-led companies.
Through leading in science, we are confident that we can transform the lives of people around the world and deliver value to our shareholders.