- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Englewood Cliffs
Android Developer, CNBC
CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. They will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of CNBC’s flagship applications. Our team at CNBC offers a unique opportunity to be part of a of passionate, collaborative professionals team building applications used by millions of users daily.
Every day as an Android Developer is different. On any one day, you might:
Design, develop and test CNBC’s flagship Android applications including AndroidTV.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, scope, and ship new features.
Collaborate with backend services teams to design and integrate API..
Aid UX in promoting best practices in Android design and user experience.
Follow best engineer practices by insuring unit-test coverage and working with QA on test automations.
Insuring application performance and and best in class app rating is maintained.
● Minimum 5+ years of professional software development experience.
● 3+ years of experience building applications on the Android platform.
● Solid background in Android UI, Android SDK, Android design patterns.
● Solid background writing automated unit tests
● Comfortable working with Git, Jenkins and Jira.
● Understanding of multi-threading, application deep linking, services & receivers as well as data binding.
● Experience working with video-on-demand and/or linear video playback.
● Working knowledge of Kotlin, RxJava2, React Native and/or Fire OS development.
● Experience using GraphQL is a plus
● Published 1 or more applications available on Google Play.
Sub-BusinessCNBC Digital Technology and Product
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.