- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lenovo is venturing out into many new emerging businesses to position for
growth into the future. We are looking to hire an Android OS Engineer for our
Commercial AR/VR project. Essentially, you’ll be working at a startup within
the larger Lenovo structure. This role will be part of a large cross-
functional team that includes hardware engineering, software development,
industrial/mechanical design, UX and global sales. The project and role are
critical to transforming Lenovo from a preferred hardware supplier to a
Solution-centric, innovation driven strategic partner.
We are hiring an Android OS Image Build and Release Engineer to:
• develop systems and tools to support the build, integration and verification
of complex software systems
• augment the android OS code to fulfill custom requirements and still pass
• automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and
distribution of multiple software components
• assist Developers with build issues, including maintaining Makefiles, cmake
lists, resolving compilation errors, unit test failures, and similar issues
• encourage and enforce best practices to enable rapid new feature development
while maintaining multiple functioning software products
• work closely with Build, Integration, Test and Software engineers to develop
tools for automation, and continuously improve the release process and
• install, configure, and extend a variety of software systems, including
software for version control, code peer review, compilation, continuous
integration, performance data collection and analysis, systems monitoring, and
• 5+ years experience in build engineering, and release automation
• 3+ years of experience in source control management using Repo, Git, GitHub,
• Experience managing and building Android/AOSP projects.
• Experience running CTS tests.
• Experience managing and building Linux based distributions and packaging.
• Experience with multiple build tools such as Make and Cmake, Gradle, Maven,
• Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar.
• Expertise with programming languages such as Java and C++.
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
• Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using
a wide variety of technologies.
• strong communication skills and the desire to teach and mentor other
engineers with varying domains of expertise.
• BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science or related field is preferred, but
considerable weight will be given to experience and prior accomplishments
About the company
With 50,000+ employees and $43B in global sales in 160 countries, Lenovo is a global leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and data center technology.
As a member of the Fortune Global 500 and Interbrand’s 100 most valuable global brands, Lenovo is bigger and stronger than ever thanks to not only organic growth, but also due to the acquisitions of Motorola Mobility and IBM’s x86 Server business.
Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode YOGA brands), workstations, servers, storage, networking, software (including ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile solutions), smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Motorola brand), tablets and apps.
Our product line includes: ThinkPad, YOGA, Miix, Legion By Lenovo gaming, Ideacentre, Thinkcentre, Moto Z and Moto Mods.
Lenovo also has a diverse employee culture. As a true global company, our leaders and employees come from various cultures across the globe. Everyone at Lenovo takes great pride in our ability to attract top talent from diverse backgrounds. We view our differences as a source of strength in building a culture that helps us achieve our goals.