- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Anesthesia Tech AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Location Address:1055 Saxon Boulevard Orange City, Florida 32763
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Fish Memorial
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Opportunity to work for a faith based organization
- Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Participates in direct patient care in a supporting role as directed by the licensed nurse or anesthesiologist. Assists anesthesia providers with clinical activities as requested including supervised assistance with patient positioning for procedures.
- Ensures anesthesia supplies are maintained at adequate par levels in anesthetizing locations and anesthesia workroom. Assures communication with the anesthesia providers and surgical services management regarding any back order of supplies. Coordinates evaluation of new equipment and supplies with anesthesia providers.
- Anticipates and assembles sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment for each scheduled procedure within scope of competency.
- Demonstrates competent knowledge of technical and non-technical equipment and supplies utilized in anesthesia services
- Cleans and stocks anesthesia machines and Pyxis work stations prior to the daily schedule. Responds efficiently to anesthesia work station turn over and cleanup between cases, at the end of the day, and PRN.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One year EMT, CNA or PCT experience required
- One year experience in the role of Anesthesia Technician
- BLS required.
- CNA, EMT or PCT certification required within 1 year of hire or transfer into the department
- National Anesthesia Tech Certification.
The anesthesia technician provides support services to the Anesthesiologists and Nurse Anesthetists. The anesthesia technician works in cooperation with the anesthesia and surgical team in assisting with safe and effective patient care in the surgical setting. Demonstrates competency in all procedures within Scope of Practice as appropriate to the ages of the patients served: geriatric, adult, adolescent and pediatric. The anesthesia technician performs duties as assigned under the direction of the Anesthesia Technical Support manager in coordination with anesthesia providers and Operating Room supervision in compliance with established standards and protocols of the assigned unit.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.