- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $12.12 gross per hour
- Crystal River
This position is heavy customer service in the Animal Services Division. Assist clients coming with animal surrenders, adoptions, and searches for lost pets. The Animal Services division is located on Airport Road in Inverness, FL.
The primary schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday with the ability to work flexible hours. Tuesday & Wednesday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Thursday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm and Friday & Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The starting hourly rate for this position is $12.12 per hour.
- Answerphone, data entry, completing forms, faxing, scanning
- Perform adoption and owner claims
- Process owner surrenders and stray
- Process citations and bite reports
- Cash handling, including accepting payments, fees and making change
- Heavy customer service
- Promote the adoptable pets and adoption eventsthrough social media, the website, and other sources
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Graduation from high school, GED, or an equivalentcombination of experience and training.
- Minimum of six months similar experience working in a high volume office with heavy customer service performing secretarial duties.
- Previous cash handling experience
- The ability to handle situations with a calm and friendly demeanor
- Computer experience required
- Creative Social Media and Marketing skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
- Requires valid Florida Driver License.
- May require Notary Public Certification.
- Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100B and 700A. Must have strong working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Products.
Basis of Rating: Some positions may require a written and/or skills test. Applications will be carefully reviewed to assess each individuals qualifications. Selected persons will be interviewed to determine who will be hired for the job. The kind and length of related work experience, training and education shown on the application will be an important consideration in the screening process.
Must successfully pass an employment reference check, criminal background check, physical examination check. Drug screens will be in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act and/or the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
Citrus County, Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Citrus County, Florida is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Citrus County, Florida Board of County Commissioners in advance to allow sufficient time to provide an accommodation.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code.
- customer service
- social media