- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Fortitude Life & Annuity Solutions, Inc.
Annuity Customer Service Processor
Your future team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG’s Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re’s diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations
Below are some of the responsibilities of the processor:
- Customer Service
- Ensure each client interaction provides stellar quality service with established standards.
- Handle calls, callbacks, emails and letter inquiries for both internal and external clients
- Handle Customer Complaints
- Research various databases for detail data in order to service the customer timely and accurately.
- Accounting and Operations Processing
- Perform account balancing and correct accounting errors
- Process moderately complex to complex routine and non-routine transactions
- Process the set up and calculations of third party pension payouts while working in conjunction with multiple third party coordinators
- Operations and Contract Maintenance
- Perform all post sale requests including policy questions, address changes, Payout processing including balancing, stops/reissues, fund transfers, and monthly/quarterly statement mailings, proper tax reporting of client disbursements
- Provide prompt and accurate service involving the handling of Payout Annuity functions in the Administrative Service area.
- Requires the ability to execute defined calculations based policy provisions: such as calculate age adjustments for claims, calculate settlement adjustments as necessary
- Handle Periodic Payments related to Settlement Options
- Provides death claim forms (packets) to beneficiaries upon notification of a claim, including appropriate required state forms; reviewing completed returned forms/death certificates and completing claim by either issuing check or recording and updating the file for spousal continuation when all proper steps are completed
- Review periodic reports and take appropriate action
- Procedures and Training
- Responsible for keeping training documentation updated
- Assist with ensuring key controls are in place and Business/Financial guidelines are followed
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred or equivalent experience in the insurance industry.
- Annuity Background of at least 3 years in a processing environment where customer calls were routed as well as research performed.
- SPIA and payout experience specifically with variable annuities experience a plus
- Experience with SPIA payout annuities including variable annuity processing
- Familiarity with tax process which includes 1099’s a plus
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel are required. Knowledge and experience with RPS15/Navisys insurance processing system, CA View and AWD a plus.
- Ability to interpret contract language a plus
- Career driven with a desire to grow in responsibilities and driven to excel in their day to day performance.
- Candidates must be able to manage, organize and complete all activities on a daily basis.
- Good oral and written communication and excellent customer service skills.
- Candidate must be able to analyze and research routine inquiries received in both written and verbal form from clients and determine appropriate action. Respond with accurate information in a courteous manner by the date and time promised.
- Must be able to attain knowledge of various internal computer programs and the ability to manipulate multiple screens simultaneously
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have proven problem-solving abilities
- Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize activities
- Must be detail oriented
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.