- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Duties and ResponsibilitiesPRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Perform data entry that supports the review, audit and approval of the vouchering process. Respond and reconcile all vendor inquiries and statements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sort, scan, file, open mail and distribute all invoices to the respective Accounts Payable Account Analyst for further processing.
- Research, track and monitor all incoming invoice discrepancies and returned checks; prepare and maintain the staff error assessment log; record the Travel Mileage/Insurance forms and e-files as directed by management.Respond to internal/external requests for information by gathering and copying appropriate documents.
- Maintain vendor files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company guidelines and accepted accounting practices.
- Create and generate reports as needed.
- Enter vendor updates and additional data into PeopleSoft Financials (PSF) system.
- Sort outbound checks, verify addresses, label and stuff envelopes; distribute checks to internal staff and research questions via PeopleSoft to find out check status.
- Provide backup support for all other Accounts Payable functions and assist with special projects as necessary.
- Adhere to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma. Some college preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and administrative skills.
- Must be able to work well with others at all levels of the organization with proven experience in a diversified or in a comparable work place.
- Must be able to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work alternative schedules including evenings and/or weekends to meet the needs of the office and District.
- Skills have proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), ability to create pivot tables a plus; PeopleSoft experience plus.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
Job: Accounting Operations
Primary Location: District Office
Job Posting: Dec 3, 2019, 3:19:49 PM