- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
DescriptionPutting technology to work at Georgia State University. Are you passionate about technology, your clients’ success, and looking to make a difference? Ranked the #2 Most Innovative National University by US News and World Report, Georgia State is a leading force in the digital transformation of higher education. Georgia State's central technology services group, Instructional Innovation and Technology (IIT), seeks to inspire, support, and enable innovative solutions to advance learning, research and economic enterprise. IIT is leading the pursuit to find solutions to the unique challenges associated with information technology and serve as leaders in a global network of knowledge creation and sharing by earning the role of valued partners and trusted advisors for evolving technology solutions, discovering, creating and implementing new models of higher education for a community of diverse learners, creating and supporting innovative solutions that improve the lives of our students, our city and our state, attracting, developing and retaining talented and capable professionals and fostering an innovative culture of leaders where collaboration, ownership, creativity and efficiency are key.
Georgia State University’s Instructional Innovation and Technology Department – Applications Solutions Division is looking for a skilled Application Developer, Lead – Technical to join our vibrant and growing team. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for managing a product line, which will likely span multiple application technologies. The position reports directly to the Director. As a result, this position will have decision-making authority, and will be directly accountable for the success of their respective business unit. Duties require extensive collaboration and knowledge of Salesforce with other business unites within IIT, internal University customers, and external vendors. This position receives general direction from management and operates at a maximum level of independence. The Application lead Cloud Integration and Architecture is accountable for the business performance of their respective business unit.
The Lead of Cloud Integration and Architecture is responsible for the business of delivering applications technology solutions for their particular domain. This includes responsibility for the entire application development lifecycle spanning research and maintenance. Includes project and project portfolio management, service level application technology research and development. Along with any other duties and/or responsibilities determined appropriate by the employee’s direct supervisor.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Business Unit Management - Responsible for the business of delivering applications technology on the Salesforce solution. Includes preparing estimates, providing quotes, coordination of sub-contractors, managing business unit costs to remain competitive in the marketplace, and establishing and managing customer service levels (i.e., Service Level Agreements).
- Resource Management - Assigns personnel to various projects and support activities and directs activities. Reviews and evaluates individual performance. Prepares performance evaluations. Establishes performance improvement plans when required to rectify deficiencies in team members performance.
- Solution Delivery Management - Responsible for the entire application development Lifecyle including:
- Providing technical direction to the team using Salesforce to deliver solutions to our partners within the University.
- Provide leadership in the agile delivery of Salesforce projects and the delivery of solutions sold to our partners.
- Assist with data management as it pertains to systems of record into and out of the GSU Salesforce Org.
- Analysis - Analyzing potential alternative solutions, performing feasibility studies, defining of solution scope, evaluating vendor supplied technical components and/or packaged solutions that support Salesforce.
- Design - Elicitation of user design requirements, conformance with architectural standards, and documentation of solution technical design.
- Implementation - Construction, development, programming, and/or assembly of Salesforce solutions.
- Documentation - Appropriate documentation of delivered solutions (i.e., technical documentation, user documentation, run-time documentation, help center knowledge articles).
- Testing - Quality assurance testing of solutions and support for customer acceptance testing of solutions.
- Maintenance - Providing 2nd level support as a sub-contractor to IIT’s Help Center, repairs (i.e., source code defect corrections), production support (data correction), version control, release management, and configuration control.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and three years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit12/09/19, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Instructional Innovation & Technology
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 12/02/19, 10:23:59 AM
- customer service
- ms project