- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
Verizon Connect is looking for an Application Security Engineer/ Architect who will work in design, verification/testing, and resolution across Verizon Connect’s product base.
The Security Engineer will complete day to day testing, reporting, manage the Secure SDLC and work with software designers, developers, and testers to review, assist, and recommend changes and solutions to functionality. Additionally, this role will provide remedial guidance for vulnerabilities found within the product base and should have a solid knowledge of web, API, mobile and infrastructural security vulnerabilities and remedial actions for those issues.
• Development of sound security policies and procedures around secure engineering at product level with the objective to automate security tasks during the build and deployments.
• Deploy security solutions in development and cloud environments.
• Ensure that all documentation and vulnerability reporting is clear and concise for the purpose of resolution by the resolving party.
• Manage the SSDLC and Work with software designers, developers, and testers to review, assist, and recommend changes and solutions to functionality to address the security of Verizon Connect and third party developed offerings
• Mentor and train the development team on security best practices and processes.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience as a security engineer/architect, or tester in a large global environment
• Prior secure coding and development experience; must be able to read and understand C, C++, Java, or other types of development languages
• Understanding of secure development fundamentals such as least privilege, attack surfaces, and coding practices (OWASP, SANS Top 25, threat modeling, etc)
• Knowledge of and experience with applying Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE), Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVS), and OWASP processes and remediation recommendations.
• Knowledge of security related technologies, including but not limited to encryption (both at-rest and in-transit) and related cryptography, and authentication services
Even better if you have:
• Strong knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities associated with application and network security;
• Understanding of current, popular attack vectors including phishing, drive-by downloads, exploit kits, and server exploitation;
• OSCP, SDLC, SANS, and other security related certifications a plus.
• Master's degree and 3+ years of experience as a security engineer/Architect, or tester in a large global environment
• CISSP, SANS, and other security related certifications a plus.
• Experience with cloud security is a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different
About the company
For more than 100 years, Verizon has been at the center of the communications revolution.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.
We help people, businesses and things communicate better.
The digital world promises consumers a better, more connected life, and we’re the ones delivering it. We make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. We’re also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Our goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.