- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Temple Terrace
What you’ll be doing...
Join our Application Security team where you will be a key technical lead for the Web Application Firewall (WAF) team, serving as an SME, providing a voice and message for the team to build a high level of trust and confidence with the Verizon user community and to report team goal status and accomplishments to Senior Management.
WAF is implemented across Verizon to add a layer of security at the application layer furthering the defense in-depth policies of the CIO and CISO. You will drive the strategy and extend the implementation of WAF across the enterprise. As part of the WAF team, you will apply your knowledge and skills to drive the process, identify and solve issues focusing on implementation and continuous improvement. You will be responsible for leading multiple cross functional teams to enforce secure by design with applications across the enterprise, balancing risk reduction and operational challenges. You will be well versed in the following: Secure SDLC, Dynamic Analysis Tools, PCI/DSS and OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Network Technology, Information Technology or Information Security.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience onboarding WAF with minimal assistance.
- Knowledge of RSA Web Threat Detection.
- Knowledge of F5 BigIP ASM.
- Knowledge of Edgecast.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of various network hardware.
- Experience with PCI.
- Experience with Web Frameworks.
- Experience withThreat Analysis.
- Experience withDevSecOps.
- Experience with Secure SDLC.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly explain technical Application Security concepts to technical and non-technical personal.
- Ability to identify process gaps making recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to own projects and see through to completion with limited assistance.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.